Gurmat Sangeet Darbar ~ Oct 15th - Oct 17th
With Guru's blessings, SEWA Gurdwara Sahib along with samooh sangat of Atlanta, Gurmat Sangeet Project & Raj Academy, London, UK is honored to host a unique experience of puratan keertan on 15th, 16th & 17th October 2010.
Instruments such as Rabab, Taus, Saranda etc and singing of Ilahi Baani in Gurbani raag will re-create a spell binding experience reminiscent of darbars of first 10 Gurus.
There is also an invaluable opportunity to learn a shabad based on this puratan vidya and explore the basics of Gurmat Sangeet and Raag in Sri Guru Granth Sahib. This workshop will be conducted by accomplished keertaniyas led by Raj Academy. Everybody (kids, teens and adults) is encouraged to register for this workshop as spots are limited.
Gurmat Sangeet Darbar Schedule
Friday, 15th October 2010
7.30 pm – 9.00 pm – Keertan Deewan
Saturday, 16th October 2010
01.00 pm – 04.30 pm – Learn a Shabad
04.00 pm – 09.00 pm – Keertan Deewan
Sunday, 17th October 2010
07.00 am - 08.30 am – Asa-ki-vaar
08.30 am - 10.00 am - Sukmani Sahib (sewa by Dr Rana & family)
10.00 am - 01.00 pm – Keertan Deewan
Click links next to the name to listen to Classical sangeet/keertan in various Raags.
- Raj Academy (London, U.K) -- Raag Majh , Raag Sarang, Raag Asa, Raag Dhanasari
- Rattan Singh Bhamrah (Toronto) -- Raag Gunkali
- Gagandeep Singh (Portland, Oregon) -- Raag Jog
- Hardeep and Jasmit Singh Chana (a.k.a Chana Brothers) (Connecticut) -- Riyaaz
- Manroop Kaur, Simer Raj Singh & Navraj Singh (DC)
- The Gurmat Sangeet Project (Boston)
Langar, Live Streaming
Guru-ka-Langar will be served on all the days.
Please click the following link for live streaming
Without sangat's sewa and support these events are not successful. We request for sewa for langar, audio & video setup etc. Please contact any of the following for sewa.
Learn a Shabad : Hardeep Singh (678-230-2515)
Langar sewa : Pinky Chahal (770.530.7966)/Jaspreet Saini (770.889.3797)
10590 WoodStock Road, Roswell, GA 30075
Tel: (770) 640-9697
Email: [email protected]
* From GA 400 N/S, take Exit 7B Holcomb Bridge Rd towards Roswell
* Go 1 1/2 mile and make a left at the Alpharetta Hwy (9 South)
* Go 1/2 mile and make a right on Woodstock Street
* Go 1 mile and make a left at the blinking light
Directions from Airport using MARTA
* From Airport take the Marta train to North Springs Station.
* At North Springs Station board bus #85 Roswell/Mansell Road. This bus will travel on Alpharetta Street. Woodstock Street intersects with Alpharetta Street. When you see the bus cross over Norcross Street the next bus stop is where you will should get off. Cross the Alpharetta Street to the other side and walk on Woodstock Street approximately 2 miles and you will see the Gurdwara on the left hand side