Kalgi/Sehra and Burkas

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Kalgi/Sehra and Burkas

Postby RHKAUR » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:00 pm

So I read a post on here how a Groom should not enter the Darbar Hall wearing a Kalgi or Sehra as it is disrespectful. Let me know your thoughts on this as well.
Main Point: The person said a Sehra covers the grooms face to protect them from nazaar and in the end, it is covering the grooms face from Maharaj ji. I get this. So, for the Muslim ladies that wear a burka, whole outfit that covers fingers, face, feet, would they be able to enter a Darbar Hall wearing one?
I understand all are welcome, but in this case the woman wearing a Burka is covering her face from Maharaj-ji but wearing the Burka as part of her religion. I get we are not allowed to force religion on anyone and I dont know if a woman wearing a burka will ever enter a Darbar Hall but I just want to know your thoughts on this.
RHKAUR
New User

Return to Questions and Answers