New path to follow. please help

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

New path to follow. please help

Postby nksan08 » Mon Oct 28, 2019 12:16 pm

WJKK WJKF.

Hi, its been about 2 years since I've been diagnosed with depression. Recently i moved out of my family home to start university with sudden dedication and motivation only for that to plummet within 2 weeks of moving in. I am feeling depressed, I'm having very bad thoughts again. I want to start doing paath to ease my mind and self from all bad thoughts and negativity, to help become a happier and less burdened soul, but I'm not sure where to start. All I know is that there is a morning paath, Japuji Sahib and Mool Mantar. Im also not fluent in the language and all I know is my mool mantar. I know some may think you should remember Waheguru regardless of circumstances and situations in your life but a start from somewhere is better than not starting at all.

Please help, im not sure where to start and what to do.
nksan08
New User

Re: New path to follow. please help

Postby Tadpole » Sun Nov 03, 2019 12:58 am

Hey!

Try taking out some time to do some service like going to gurudwara sahib and doing service in langar(free food) or washing dishes or cleaning or something. This will make you feel content and thankful because you’re doing good deeds, serving the needy. Then, you should also spare some time to medidate. You can sit for like 10 minutes or half an hour to chant ‘waheguru’.
Tadpole
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion