Law of attraction

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Law of attraction

Postby Tadpole » Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:58 am

Hey all!

I have read a book named ‘The Secret’ that talks about ‘The law of attraction’ which states that whatever we think or see or spend more time thinking, we attract that thing no matter if we want that or not. For example, the concept of sangat we attract righteousness and become good beings. On the other hand, if we keep bad sangat, bad things come to us.

My question: Being a gursikh is ‘game of mind’ Your mind will make you a gursikh because if you think in your mind about something, you do that. Hence karma. My mind, however, constantly tricks me to rethink about my past deeds. Am I attracting false things? Am I attracting mistakes again?

How can I attract good things?
Tadpole
New User

Re: Law of attraction

Postby JeejaJi » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:42 am

No such thing. You can’t attract stuff, bunch of non-sense.

What is true, is that you actions will likely reflect what’s in your mind. That’s why 4th Pauri in Jap says to think/contemplate/remember god’s virtues when your mind is calm (amritvela) so that those qualities reflect in your life through your actions (nirvair for example).

Tadpole wrote:Hey all!

I have read a book named ‘The Secret’ that talks about ‘The law of attraction’ which states that whatever we think or see or spend more time thinking, we attract that thing no matter if we want that or not. For example, the concept of sangat we attract righteousness and become good beings. On the other hand, if we keep bad sangat, bad things come to us.

My question: Being a gursikh is ‘game of mind’ Your mind will make you a gursikh because if you think in your mind about something, you do that. Hence karma. My mind, however, constantly tricks me to rethink about my past deeds. Am I attracting false things? Am I attracting mistakes again?

How can I attract good things?
JeejaJi
Active Forum User

Re: Law of attraction

Postby [email protected] » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:09 am

The mind is like a monkey with a lot of randomness. It happens to slip into past and future due to various ignitions. The mind rethinks/slips because it is not preoccupied. We need to tie it to something. Amrit Vela holds the power when our mind allows itself to be tied. The thread here is our breath. And now what is the thing that we need to be tied to? The book secret comes into picture here. It says that we need to tie ourselves to good thoughts. How in the world do we even know that something is good or bad? Even what we call Goodness changes quality with a change in perspective. Now is when the whole repository of gurugranth sahib ji comes into picture. I have heard a lot about the word Naam but never knew until now what it actually meant. The qualities of ‘ek’ (so called God) described in the entire Guru Granth Sahib ji form together a wholesome idea of what we call ‘Naam’. We associate it will the best qualities that one can attain. Hence, Naam kamana means to attain these qualities. So we need to tie ourselves to all these qualities as mentioned in the gurugranth sahib ji. Goodness and bad are subjective, but Naam is the only constant that helps us make decisions. We have to constantly maintain this connection. Meanwhile our two eyes see the world we need to develop an imaginary third eye. This indeed is an invisible eye which is quite important and is required for us to be vigilant about this connection throughout the day.
Now what about attraction. Yes we have an immense power to attract. We are endowed with so many qualities that attracts many things. We generally attract something to us when we give out a quality in us. Just like a flower that gives out fragrance attracts people to it. Similarly once we keep ourself tied to the naam day in and out, we become Naam and by becoming naam we becoming like the all mighty that gives out so much to everyone endlessly. Ofcourse I guess now you might understand what would happen next. All attraction.
sokhi.par[email protected]
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion