Is faith shaping our reality by turning us to positivity?

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Is faith shaping our reality by turning us to positivity?

Postby sunny1567 » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:30 am

Thoughts are things, the new claim is getting so widespread that it sometimes seems as if we shape our own events and destiny. But, faith works like magic and I know people, have seen people, for whom faith did wonders.
I just get amazed by reading so much about people who claim to have shaped their own reality through their positive thinking patters, that at a point I assume that what if faith is merely attuning us to this very 'secret', merely turning us to positive thinking which in turn shapes things. I am not a perfect sikh as I have claimed earlier too, and as far as I understand myself, it is the material world and needs alone that drives me towards faith. But, I get perplexed between what brings blessings, faith towards God, or it is our own thoughts?
sunny1567
New User

Re: Is faith shaping our reality by turning us to positivity

Postby JeejaJi » Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:14 am

Huh?

Are you saying that thoughts and faith are like black magic to make things happen in life? Dream on.

sunny1567 wrote:Thoughts are things, the new claim is getting so widespread that it sometimes seems as if we shape our own events and destiny. But, faith works like magic and I know people, have seen people, for whom faith did wonders.
I just get amazed by reading so much about people who claim to have shaped their own reality through their positive thinking patters, that at a point I assume that what if faith is merely attuning us to this very 'secret', merely turning us to positive thinking which in turn shapes things. I am not a perfect sikh as I have claimed earlier too, and as far as I understand myself, it is the material world and needs alone that drives me towards faith. But, I get perplexed between what brings blessings, faith towards God, or it is our own thoughts?
JeejaJi
Active Forum User

Re: Is faith shaping our reality by turning us to positivity

Postby sunny1567 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 3:09 am

Not really. I am just a seeker. Trying to learn.

The whole fad about the law of attraction and the "secret" makes me think that if thoughts have the power of shaping things and of we have the power of shaping thoughts, then it defines us as the masters of our own destiny. The fact though, WHICH I KNOW VERY WELL, is that the Supreme is the only master of anyone's destiny. But, then how have so many people achieved the capability of shaping their own reality. Is that the God has given us certain flexibility in regards to how we can take control oursleves. Really confused. Not sure even if I am able to convey my point across the way it sits in me.

I am just trying to learn if faith and "the law of attraction" have something in common.
sunny1567
New User

Return to Questions and Answers