Prayers

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Prayers

Postby pajmeetsingh » Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:39 am

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

I have a couple questions about praying and doing prayers. Ive recently started doing prayers and want to know if im carrying them out the right way. I tend pray at work mostly, I work at service desk and have to calls.

Firstly is it wrong to read prayers off a monitor screen or mobile phone, instead of a gutkha (apologies if spelt that incorrectly.

Secondly as i take calls i have to stop praying and come back from where i left off. Also have breaks and lunch where I cant pray but just listen to paath through my phone.

Thirdly i do take of my shoes and make sure my hands are washed before i start. I do sit in a chair but try to fold my legs mostly.

I just need some guidance on how i can carry paath properly in the correct manner. If anyone can help with this will appreciate it.
pajmeetsingh
New User

Re: Prayers

Postby Bundha » Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:30 pm

Parmjeet Singh Ji, do not worry you are doing really good.

The idea is to remember Guru Ji / God (same thing) all the time - Swaas swaas simro Gobind - Remember God with every breath you take. You are trying to do this by doing paath / Simran as part of your daily routine so you are doing really well, so well done !

There is nothing wrong in reading gurbani from cell phone or screen, so you are okay there.
If you break off to take calls, no problem, just start where you left off, so you are okay there.
If you want to take of your shoes and wash you hands that is great, if you cannot then that is okay also.
Obviously when you do paath at home then you can do it properly with bare feet and head covered and clean hands etc, but at work or when you are going about your daily life then just keep doing your paath keep doing your Simran.
You may think should I be doing paath in the bath room or when I am out and about? Answer is , absolutely , God is everywhere and you can remember Him everywhere, the secret is to build your relationship with your True Father and what better then to remember Him while you are working.

So, don't worry and carry on your good path.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Bundha
Power User

Return to Questions and Answers