Gurbani says "Everything is Gobind."

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Gurbani says "Everything is Gobind."

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:19 am

Hello everyone WJKK WJKF. I apologize if anyone feels negative due to my questions.
I have some questions regarding the notion that everything is waheguru. There's nothing besides waheguru. So in that sense, are inanimate objects such as chair, walls, toys, tv, etc. Waheguru too? Sorry if this seems a dumb question. 2nd question: if waheguru ji is the doer of all deeds then what we are doing are his doings. So we are waheguru and waheguru is us. In that sense, when we are faced with an issue when you have to make a decision. For example, if your mom asks you to do something then you can either say yes or no. So waheguru(mom) is asking waheguru (you) and you can choose your response. If you choose yes then your mom gets pleased with you. If you say no then she gets upset. So in this case, are both responses from you equal in the eyes of waheguru? By this understanding, one can do "bad" things and say oh it's waheguru doing them. So how do we know what to do when we are faced with a situation that we have to make decision on?

Thank you for reading my question.

WJKK WJKF.

Re: Gurbani says "Everything is Gobind."

Postby JeejaJi » Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:39 am

Thx for posting this question. I have been thinking about this as well and will try to answer based on what makes sense to me so far; does not mean it is the complete answer.
You have to believe that Gurbani is god’s word and is true. Otherwise, nothing makes sense. Is it blind faith? I don’t know yet but I am starting with this basic understanding.
Now, god is Kartapurkh which is in the very first line called Mool mantar. It means that god is the creator and part of this creation. So, chair, walls etc are all part of his/her creation. It does not mean that they are god or that you start worshipping them.

When it comes to life, you have free will to make decisions and set future as you go. You get the result of your actions. Otherwise, one can use same argument as you and absolve themselves of responsibilities of their actions. If we were just robots following his/her hukam, why even tell us to follow hukam (jap Pauri 1).
Does it mean future is preset? No, you shape it as you go based on your decisions.
So, to answer your second question, remember you will reap what you sow. Decide if it is a good deed or a bad deed. If in the back of your mind, you have thought for a second that it feels wrong or you might be hurting someone, don’t do it. Specifically, if you believe that your parents want what what’s best for you, take their advice. Does it mean that are always right. No. In the end, it is your decision and you need to live with them.

Hope this answers. These are hard questions and have been asked in various forms in this forum, others and other religions (search free will, calvinism, predetermination etc).

manshersingh007 wrote:Hello everyone WJKK WJKF. I apologize if anyone feels negative due to my questions.
I have some questions regarding the notion that everything is waheguru. There's nothing besides waheguru. So in that sense, are inanimate objects such as chair, walls, toys, tv, etc. Waheguru too? Sorry if this seems a dumb question. 2nd question: if waheguru ji is the doer of all deeds then what we are doing are his doings. So we are waheguru and waheguru is us. In that sense, when we are faced with an issue when you have to make a decision. For example, if your mom asks you to do something then you can either say yes or no. So waheguru(mom) is asking waheguru (you) and you can choose your response. If you choose yes then your mom gets pleased with you. If you say no then she gets upset. So in this case, are both responses from you equal in the eyes of waheguru? By this understanding, one can do "bad" things and say oh it's waheguru doing them. So how do we know what to do when we are faced with a situation that we have to make decision on?

Thank you for reading my question.

WJKK WJKF.
JeejaJi
New User

Re: Gurbani says "Everything is Gobind."

Postby tainu » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:29 am

WJKK WJKF by gobind does it mean krishna or gur gobind singh ji ?
tainu
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion