Premarital sex

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Premarital sex

Postby Albertsingh » Thu Feb 28, 2019 6:36 am

I had a one night stand with someone from my college. I don’t know what should I do? The other person insisted, I also wanted to give it a try. What should I do now? And sex without marriage is a sin.. I think I will never get married.. then should I never do it in my life... please forgive me for this. I just need right path
Ps: I have a great faith in god and I think he is always with me
Albertsingh
New User

Re: Premarital sex

Postby RHKAUR » Tue May 07, 2019 6:28 pm

I think you are confusing religion with culture. In religion, I don't think there's anything in the Gurbani that permits premarital sex. I could be wrong so forgive me, if so.

However, in our culture aspect, it is just frowned upon. I believe it is also our parent's fault. Before technology things were different so it was understandable how no one talked about sex and reproduction. However, as schools now have restrictions to educate us i believe young adults like you are more likely to get peer pressured or wanting to know the 'sensation'. if there is another parent reading this, please gather the strength and have this talk with your children. I have many friends who live this double life and many of them have gotten pregnant.

In your case, I am sure babji is not going to punish you over this. I understand you want forgiveness but that is something you have to personally do with seva (clear your soul). As for anyone not marrying you. That's impossible, there are many Indians that have had sex. I think it would be more difficult to find a partner that is a virgin than is not.
RHKAUR
New User

Re: Premarital sex

Postby JeejaJi » Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:33 pm

Albertsingh wrote:I had a one night stand with someone from my college. I don’t know what should I do? The other person insisted, I also wanted to give it a try. What should I do now? And sex without marriage is a sin.. I think I will never get married.. then should I never do it in my life... please forgive me for this. I just need right path
Ps: I have a great faith in god and I think he is always with me

Where does it say that sex without marriage is a sin? Page and line number would be helpful.
Thx
JeejaJi
New User

Return to Questions and Answers