Killing insects

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Killing insects

Postby Guest » Thu May 15, 2014 12:51 pm

When I was young, like 17, I killed ants that came into my house during the hot summer. I stepped on a few and every burnt one and then stepped on it without really thinking about any consequences. I didnt act with full thought and I wish I could go back and stop myself. I look back and realise that this was so wrong. As I grew older I understood more about life I have never since killed any insect or living thing intentionally. How do I obtain forgiveness for Waheguru? I have been feeling really upset lately at the thought of what I done when I was younger to these poor ants. I know this might sound like a insignificant thing to kill a few ants but it really hurts me to think I have completely violated my humane morals. I know invertebrates arguably dont feel pain which makes me feel better, but my precedent actions as a younger person was wrong and I want to seek forgiveness from Whaeguru. What can I do? Please show me the door of Guruji's forgiveness.

Re: Killing insects

Postby AS Khalsa » Fri May 16, 2014 9:12 am

Mickey wrote:When I was young, like 17, I killed ants that came into my house during the hot summer. I stepped on a few and every burnt one and then stepped on it without really thinking about any consequences. I didnt act with full thought and I wish I could go back and stop myself. I look back and realise that this was so wrong. As I grew older I understood more about life I have never since killed any insect or living thing intentionally. How do I obtain forgiveness for Waheguru? I have been feeling really upset lately at the thought of what I done when I was younger to these poor ants. I know this might sound like a insignificant thing to kill a few ants but it really hurts me to think I have completely violated my humane morals. I know invertebrates arguably dont feel pain which makes me feel better, but my precedent actions as a younger person was wrong and I want to seek forgiveness from Whaeguru. What can I do? Please show me the door of Guruji's forgiveness.

If you feel genuine remorse, then all is forgiven.

We cannot avoid killing insects. Although to do so intentionally is somewhat sadistic.
AS Khalsa
Power User

Postby Bundha » Fri May 16, 2014 1:00 pm

Mickey Ji,

Guru Sahib Ji is so dhayawaan (merciful) they will forgive anything, no matter how big the mistake.

Make degh, do ardas and ask for forgiveness. Then move on. There is no guilt, you have asked for forgiveness and
Guru Ji will forgive so now get on with your life, do naam, do simran and be happy.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Bundha
Power User

Postby Singh2000 » Tue May 27, 2014 2:26 pm

We all kill or support to kill insects in some way if they harm us. Few examples:

1. Nobody wants lice in their hair, if we find we kill them intentionally.
2. We kill termite, if they grow in our house and put some strong anti insects before construction of house.
3. We kill cockroaches, if they come in our house.
4. We kill rat and mice to protect our valuables and from diseases.
5. We use pesticides on farms to protect from insects. No person wants insect’s damage fruit, vegetables and grains. So we support indirectly.
6. We kill mosquitoes otherwise they will kill us with diseases.
7. We kill bugs otherwise they will spread diseases.
8. We use ant control medicine, if they start disturbing our life.

I don’t support to kill insects, but if they harm us then we need to kill or control them.

Important things to control: Kaam, Krodh, Lobh, Moh & Ahankaar ...

Important things to remember: Don’t discriminate any one on basis of sex, religion, color and caste etc.

Important things to follow: Guru’s Teachings to develop qualities like Sat (truth), Daya (compassion), Santokh (contentment), Nimrata (humility), and Pyar (love).

Result: Seva and Simran will start automatically from our karm or actions. We will unite with Waheguru.

Dhan Guru Nanak
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Postby Guest » Fri May 30, 2014 3:03 pm

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh. Thank you so much for everyone's response. It has bought allot of peace to my mind. I will do ardas again and meditate on Waheguru for forgiveness.

Postby hichar712 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 6:45 pm

We as a whole kill or support to murder creepy crawlies here and there on the off chance that they harm us. We can't abstain from executing creepy crawlies Although to do as such purposefully is to some degree savage. We have to utilized termite control to dispose of them instead of slaughter.
thanks
hichar712
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion