How I became a sikh

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

How I became a sikh

Postby RabbiT.Grayowl » Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:09 pm

Today I learned of the KONY 2012 film and campaign by Invisible Children.

Joseph Kony can kidnap kids and force them child soldiers but he can not force them to join his Army. Those children had choice, "To fight with Kony's Army" or "to fight against Kony's Army"

When the people that came to recruit me into a child army finally caught me I chose to fight against them to my last breath, fully expecting they would torture me to death. If I had not been raped and already known what it is like to have no power over yourself I don't know if I would have refused them. I think it was that night that remembering the night of my rape stopped being a horrible thing. Now it is my happy though, of the good old days when being raped was the worst thing that had happened to me.

Yet, that is not why I am thankful I was raped. My rapist was the first person that made me feel like I was a person. Sure she was doing it just to manipulate me but she did give me the hope I needed to begin healing. I believe that the reason she stopped living with her father and he gave me her room is that he found out she had raped me.

There will always be someone messed up enough to replace Kony. There does not have to enough people messed up enough to replace Lord's Resistance Army.

It was only by closely examining the childhood histories of murderers, especially mass murderers, that lice Miller began to comprehend the roots of good and evil: not in the genes, as commonly believed, but often in the earliest days of life. Just as it was to her, it is inconceivable to me that a child who comes into the world among attentive, loving and protective parents could become a predatory monster. And in the childhood of the murderers who later became dictators, She have always found a nightmarish horror, a record of continual lies and humiliation, which upon the attainment of adulthood, impelled them to acts of merciless revenge on society. In this way, he unconsciously emulated his own parents who, in earlier days, had also insisted that their blows were inflicted on the child for his own good. This belief was extremely widespread a century ago, particularly in Germany.
I found it logical that a child beaten often would quickly pick up the language of violence. For him, this language became the only effective means of communication available. Yet what I found to be logical was apparently not so to most people.
http://www.alice-miller.com/index_en.php

Taking out Kony will shake the LRA it might even weaken it to the point it breaks into new groups. But there will be another dictator in waiting left in its forces to take Kony's place.

People call me nasty things because they do not understand how I can fight tooth and nail against someone then when the battle has ended put ointment and bandages on their wounds.

But know that I know of Sri Guru Granth Sahib they do not bother me.

Someday I hope to be able to take Khanda-ki-Pahul.
For now I am satisfied being warrior for Waheguru.
ῥαββί 虎 GrayOwl
RabbiT.Grayowl
Active Forum User

Location: Palmer, Alaska(continental Alaska, not the one that's a Pacific island)

Re: How I became a sikh

Postby NSJ » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:14 pm

SSA,

I am glad you have found peace. Thank you for sharing.
NSJ
NSJ
Active Forum User

Return to The Guru's Path