Dream Of Marriage!

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

Dream Of Marriage!

Postby Punjabi5 » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:21 pm

Hi Everyone!

I am new to sikhnet and just figured out how to make a post! I don't know if this is a problem or what but I don't know WHY on earth my desire to get married is so great!?!? since I was a kid I have always wanted to find "the one". I knew there was someone out there that was made just for me. My friends think I am crazy and don't know why i'm so "into" it. Maybe it's because I don't have nothing to hide from my parents besides my love life. I am 22 years old and I am in my third relationship but I have never told them. I am not allowed to "date" so I doubt they would understand. To be the best I could be,I suppressed my desire and controlled myself from getting into relationships. I started dating at 19 but didn't date unless I loved the person, and each time I have always wanted to get married. Maybe the desire is so great because I know marriage will have my parents approval and I wont have to LIE anymore! I could just tell my parents the truth for the sake of the truth, but I don't want to ruin my relationship with my parents for a guy that might not be the one. I am getting tired of keeping my relationships a secret and wish I could just tell the truth. The only thing I have done in my life that my parents would be against is dating. I would love a love marriage because I have not seen many happy arranged marriages in my family, hence the desire to date and hopefully find the "one" through that. No one understands me and sometimes I don't get it either. I'm just tired of heartache and hope third is a charm. I told myself that if this relationship doesn't work ill probably go for arranged marriage. Lets see what God has planned for us! What are your thoughts on this? -___-
Punjabi5
New User

Re: Dream Of Marriage!

Postby KamaljitSingh » Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:48 pm

Now is there any girl or boy who does not dream about marriage and does not dwell on the dreams day and night?But also there is casual saying in Punjabi that marriage is a 'Pachtava Loddoo'(Repenting sweet).You repent if you do not eat and also repent if you eat.
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Re: Dream Of Marriage!

Postby Punjabi5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:47 pm

omg!!!! It just hit me!!!!!!!! I got my answer to my own questionnnnnn!!!!! MARRIAGE IS NOT ONLY A DREAM BUT A GOAL FOR ME BECAUSE I WANT TO HAVE GURU JIS PERMISSION AND GET MARRIED TO SOMEONE IN HIS BEAUTIFUL PRESENCE... WHILE ALL OF MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS SUPPORT US AND GOD WATCHES AND SHOWERS BLESSINGS ON US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! relationships can have Blessings of God but they are not given permission by Guru Ji or always in his presence and not all family and friends are supportive...!!!!!!!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......... now i get it!!!!!!!!!!!! my dream is to have the man of my dreams marry me in MY Beloved Guru Jis presence with Gods Blessingss and have my loved ones support and approve the union!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Punjabi5
New User

Return to The Guru's Path