Finding God

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

Finding God

Postby kjsinghhyd » Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:21 pm

How do we see God in an Atheist? How do we see God in people whom you unfortunately hate because of their habits?
kjsinghhyd
Power User

Re: Finding God

Postby shailenderkumar » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:12 am

Hello kjsinghhyd,

You must have read many spiritual books and see serials as well. And the common thing they all said that God is inside so you need look it there, you can't find it outside.
shailenderkumar
Active Forum User

Postby kjsinghhyd » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:16 am

But even after you have spent years with a person, you cannot see what's inside them. Then how can you see inside a person whom you will meet only for a few hours or minutes!?
kjsinghhyd
Power User

Postby Jind78 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:32 pm

Hate is a fairly strong word to use.....consider a challenge from God to get past.

How do you find God in them? Their mere resistance and presence in front of you is the work of God and as a result a manifestation of God, you don't need to go inside of them to see God.
Jind78
New User

Postby Guest17 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:58 pm

Try to think of yourself as the cause of their atheism, or their bad habits, because we are all connected. Their bad habits couldn't exist if you hadn't been born. There is only one raam, and there is only one hukam, not two. I hate people all the time, too, but that is my own stupidity, not a defect in them. Every person alive is trying the best with what they were given. Har har is the cause of all causes. The same one that made me made you, and there is nothing wrong with the one that made us, waheguru is perfect, primal, and pure. Also, any moment we forget the name of allah, and put something else in our mind, we are an athiest for that moment, because we obviously put faith in our mind over naam, which does not seem smart. I knew an athiest who is now a much more successful, kinder, and generally a better person than me, so just because someone is an athiest, it does not lower their value as a person, they might have more favor in the eyes of waheguru at the time of death than me or you, because we understand so little, but raam understands all and is the cause of all causes. Our guru says that remembering prabh ko naam with every breath and bite of food will melt away anger, and cool the mind, along with singing the praises of har har when given the opportunity. This will help enshrine naam in your mind.
Guest17
New User

Postby guru_sevak » Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:59 am

Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh.
Firstly, you need to do quiet alot of paath.
When you reach a certain avastaa, you will start to feel that no one has any proper thoughts...its hard to explain
... it is as if guru ji is speaking through them ti you...each and every word.
It is then that you truely and most sincerely feel the presence of the guru within others.
Mean while, use yor imagination, which will improve by doing paath, and start to use empathy.
Try to feel what that person is feeling. Then you need to try to understand the reason behind things happening.
Remember its only possible by doing paath
Vaheguru ji ka khalsa vaheguru ji ki fateh
guru_sevak
New User

Postby kjsinghhyd » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:29 pm

Yup have to increase the amount of Paath reading daily. So far it is mostly listening to Shabad Kirtan audio.
kjsinghhyd
Power User

Postby MereSahiba » Mon Apr 18, 2011 12:40 am

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh Sangat ji...

Well I feel quite close in my habits to kjsinghhyd ji, in that there have been times that I also feel how can I stop disliking this person or that person, though I have achieved improvements in my thinking, like I now am able to bear everyone with poise, no matter how irritating someone might behave, and this happened as a result of Gurbani only. As we read innumerable times in Bani that there is one Lord in every being on earth, and that 'Jot' is the same in one and all, numerous Shabads, very beautiful ones, while reciting them, I feel ok done, Vaheguru Ji has created everybody, so all are alike, we shouldn't hate anybody. But then at other times I felt that though Vaheguru Ji has created everyone, but the habits are cultivated by people themselves, that's why we get more inclined to some and less to others. It's because of their habits that we develop hatred for some, but then as we get more attuned to Gurbani, the ill-feelings automatically subside. Then you also don't feel like doing 'nindeya' of others.
Another thing was that as kjsinghhyd had mentioned in this last post about increasing the amount of Bani we read daily, thats the same with me as well, I had also recently only brought about this change in my lifestyle, uptil now, it was more about listening to Kirtan, which for me is the best thing in this world, but then Paath karna is more importantly required. :)
MereSahiba
New User

Postby David Singh » Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:00 am

Poem by Bulleh Shah (1680–1757)

Jeh Raab milda naatheya dhoteya ta milda dadua machiya
Jeh Raab milda jangal bele ta milda gaua bachiya
Jeh Raab milda vich masiti ta milda cham chidikiya
Bulleya Raab ohna nu milda nitta jena diya sachiya

If the Divine is found through ablutions, surely frogs and fish would find him first
If the Divine is hidden in jungles, the cattle would have discovered him by now
O Bulleh, the Divine is found by those with pure and true heart
David Singh
Active Forum User

Postby Disciple5 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:06 pm

i am no expert, but I believe that if you can reflect within, and if you can come to terms with yourself, understand yourself and accept yourself, you will be able to do the same with others and eventually you will only begin to see their good qualities shine through regardless of their habits. I feel as if, within that moment you will see God within that person.

I was once sitting next to a friend who was drinking, and behind me indiviudals that i had just met at a birthday party were smoking weed. I do none of those, and yet I was able to talk to both of those individuals with respect and without judgement because i'm happy with myself, hence I focus on the good in all regardless of habits.

It is difficult though, but everything takes practice. If Waheguru can accept us all sinners for everything we are and aren't , we should be able to accept one another as well.

Rabb Rakha,
Disciple 5
Disciple5
New User

Return to The Guru's Path