Teenae Taap

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.
tsghuman
New User

Teenae Taap

Post by tsghuman »

Teenae Taap (three fevers) {Teenae taap nivaran hara}
This phrase is used in Gurbani at many places. I am wondering what kind of 3 fevers Guru Ji is telling us. I get different answers from different people.
Thank you
Tejinder
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Re: Teenae Taap

Post by KamaljitSingh »

1-Taap(fever)of mind.
2-Taap(fever)of body
3-Taap(temperature)external of fire and hot summer air(loo)
Satnam Waheguru
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
just_sikh
Active Forum User

Post by just_sikh »

As per Hindu Philosphy there are three fevers
Adhyatmika, Adhidaivika, and Adhibhautika and I think source is Bhagvad Geeta. I learned through my yoga classes. They are also referred as pains or miseries.

Adhi means ' from the presence of.

Adhyatmika comes from with in the individual.
Adhibhautika comes with interaction with others.
Adhidaivika comes from divine or supernatural powers (devi's).

Mahabharta refers these as existing togeteher.

Our Gurus are divine light and have infinite knowledge. If you read Sri Guru Granth Sahib and try to understand these things and others phrases it is amazing. I love it and enjoy it. Lot of these phrases were picked up from Hindy Mythology which was very much prevalent that time. Modern hindusim is totally different from old time. That is totally different topic.

Bhul Chuck Maaf.
See the brotherhood of all mankind as the highest order of Yogis; conquer your own mind, and conquer the world.
tsghuman
New User

Post by tsghuman »

Thank you Veer Ji for a nice reply.
Second fever you mention is of body. Does that mean physical fever like one gets with infections etc.
First fever of mind is same as day to insecurity and stress etc.
Thanks for your input
Tejinder
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Post by KamaljitSingh »

You are quite right
Fever of the mind=burning of the heart due to anger or whatever
Fever of the body=body temperature rising due to sickness.
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
jatinder pal singh
Active Forum User

Post by jatinder pal singh »

ਤੀਨੇ ਤਾਪ = ਆਧਿ, ਵਿਆਧਿ, ਉਪਾਧਿ (ਮਾਨਸਕ ਰੋਗ, ਸਰੀਰਕ ਰੋਗ, ਝਗੜੇ ਆਦਿਕ)।
source - Prof. Sahib Singh

-Mental illness
-Illness of body
-worldly problems, like getting involved in quarrel ,riots, disputes, accidents. etc.

regards
datobains
New User

Post by datobains »

Teen Taap is referred to the anguishing distress that every human being can be subjected to either one or all three at any point of time. In many translations these are mentioned as 3Fevers.
They are:

1. Man Kar - An Anguishing state due to our Mind. Mind can be our best friend and in another instance our biggest enemy. Man Kar Dukhi These situations are like Jelousy, Anger, Sensual Pleasure Drives, Greed & Attachments to anything.

2. Tan Kar - An Anguishing state due to our Body. Various bodily challenges can distress us. For exampe the structure, complextion, outlook, hair, wrinkles, nose structure, diseases, performing abilities not to the mark due to our body composition, obesity and many other bodily dssatisfactions. Tan Kar Dukhi

3. Dhan Kar - An Aguishing State due to wealth. Wealth can be in scasity or in abundance. In both these instances we face pain. These worrisom situations divert us from our peace. Dhan Kar Dukhi

All these THREE Major Angishing Fevers distracts our peace and divert our attention to what would otherwise keep us composed to easily glide into our constant state of meditation to what we are in actual fact to achieve as a goal to this life.