sant bhindrahwale ji told them, "I am her father, take wha

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

sant bhindrahwale ji told them, "I am her father, take wha

Postby bhagwantkhalsa » Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:11 pm

He told them, "I am her father, take what ever you want!"

One day a young Hindu wife came to see Bhindranwale. She bowed and clutched at his feet (this is an old and honored tradition of India done to show respect to ones elders) and sobbed out her story of how she was being maltreated by her husband's family, for failing to extract more money from her parents. She also complained of her husband's unwillingness to take her side. Bhindranwale asked her name and where she lived. "So you are a daughter of the Hindus," he said. "Are you willing to become the daughter of a Sikh?" She nodded (approval). Bhindranwale sent a couple of his armed guards to fetch the girl's family. An hour later a very frightened trio consisting of the girl's husband and his parents were brought before him. "Is this girl a daughter of your household?", he demanded. They admitted she was. "She tells me that you want money from her father. I am her father." He placed a tray full of currency notes before them and told them: "take whatever you want". The three fell at his feet asking forgiveness.'
bhagwantkhalsa
New User

Re: sant bhindrahwale ji told them, "I am her father, take wha

Postby Guest » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:51 pm

Sat Sri Akal:BhagwantKhalsa
He Wasn't Master Mind Outer World Games Of Governments But He Was Good Man.He Couldn't Understand The Game Of Badal And Loggowal.They Got Him Trapped Than Killed.Than Punjabies Started Using His Name Over Land Fights Even After He Had Passed Away People Of Punjab Were Still Using His Name.It Is Shame What Sikhs Had To Go Through And Nor Sikhs Were Read For It.But I Can Promise One Thing You When They Come Back This It Is Going Be Big.I Look Froward To That Day Every Time I See Bad News About Punjab In Media.

Postby karakara » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:05 pm

bhagwantkhalsa wrote:He told them, "I am her father, take what ever you want!"

One day a young Hindu wife came to see Bhindranwale. She bowed and clutched at his feet (this is an old and honored tradition of India done to show respect to ones elders) and sobbed out her story of how she was being maltreated by her husband's family, for failing to extract more money from her parents. She also complained of her husband's unwillingness to take her side. Bhindranwale asked her name and where she lived. "So you are a daughter of the Hindus," he said. "Are you willing to become the daughter of a Sikh?" She nodded (approval). Bhindranwale sent a couple of his armed guards to fetch the girl's family. An hour later a very frightened trio consisting of the girl's husband and his parents were brought before him. "Is this girl a daughter of your household?", he demanded. They admitted she was. "She tells me that you want money from her father. I am her father." He placed a tray full of currency notes before them and told them: "take whatever you want". The three fell at his feet asking forgiveness.'

bhagwantkhalsa ji,

That's a great story -- I have no idea if it really happened or is purely anecdotal. Do you know if this was a true factual event? If so, it would not only not surprise me, but from what I've read about the late, great Bhindranwale, very much in his character.

I know that you are new on Sikhnet and that not many have responded to your posts yet, but I'm happy to read what you've been posting, especially about Bhindranwale. I'm Gora , and on Sikhnet there are a lot of Sikhs from around the world, non-Punjabi, or who have embraced The Gurus and Sri Guru Granth Sahib only recently, and some know very little (some next to nothing!) even of recent Sikh history.
Keep posting.

Satnam
"If you cannot see God in all, you cannot see God at all."

"When there is no hope, YOU become The Hope!"

-- Sri Singh Sahib Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogijee
karakara
Power User

Postby KamaljitSingh » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:55 am

The moral of the story seems that a Sikh ought to be dreaded as a dacoit.How Silly !!!Anyway thankyou Karakaraji for bringing this topic back to light.This undermatric man was no less responsible for the woes of the 1984 victims.What a pity that a truth loving community like the Sikhs should be blind to the gross errors commited by the so called brave lions of their community scaring the ordinary folk !!!I strongly feel that the well qualified Sikhs should hold the offices of Gurudwaras.Semiliterate people at the centre stage can anytime be misused by the cunning politicians or the intelligence agency of the neighbouring country namely ISI of Pakistan.On 1 November 2009 people would remember the 1984 victims.Let all know that someone else is also responsible for their tears.
He is the man that we are talking about in this thread.Beaware of the people who call him a hero.
http://kamaljitsinggh.blogspot.com/
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Re: sant bhindrahwale ji told them, "I am her father, take w

Postby SikhManUK » Tue May 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Kamaljit SIngh from your photo it is ibvious you are spreading hatred about a man who is revered for his community spirit and the fact he recited bani all day every day he was a peace loving man who just asked for the freedoms given to any man or woman in India.

If he was a ISI agent as you say why is it that millions of people still believe the truth about him.

There is a deep seeded truth in people who rise above maya and meditate upon god's name it is only these people who are remebered for generations.

India is at peace now and thankfully we have a great Sikh prime minister but I must disagree Kamaljit brother this propoganda simply cannot work in the light of truth.

Look at Akhbars palaces in ruins in Punjab not even dogs defectae there now

Only the truly great men of God will be remebered however there is time for you Kamaljit SIngh to embrace God and stop slander and hatred in the name of power and fortune.

Embrace Bani and all of the slander you commit will stop we are all gods children and must speak the truth no matter who is being victimised as we all have mothers and families and so do you if you were ever victimised you could turn to any person who revered The saints of old and I am adamant that they would come to your aid 100% and the aid of your family injustice is cruel when commited it does not matter who it is commited on whether you are hindu muslim or christian
SikhManUK
New User

Postby KamaljitSingh » Tue May 11, 2010 8:02 pm

When Mrs. Indra Gandhi was assassinated some taxi drivers in Delhi started celebrating it.The Sikhs of UK were also shown celebrating on the TV.This added fuel to the fire.Whereas the Sikh taxi drivers lost their lives,the Sikhs of UK could afford and perhaps can afford to laugh from a safe distance.May the souls of the victims forgive them.
Satnam Waheguru
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Postby MONA_SIKH » Sun Jun 20, 2010 8:13 pm

KAMALJIT SINGH JI,
No body was responsible for the death of those taxi drivers. Those taxi drivers died (martyrs infact) because they were happy for what happened. "Situation in punjab was a lot worse at that time which led to those circumstances. If Bhindranwale was an ISI agent than he could have done his work quietly hence there was no need for him to die.
MONA_SIKH
New User

Postby Papindder Singh » Sun Jul 04, 2010 6:25 am

do you find any wisdom in such justice system, where barely on a complaint from an unknown woman, the husband and entire family is kidnapped and brought before Santji by armed boys , in such a situation, who is not going to accept the dictate.. but why we forget, that this was Santji only, openly (released audio cassetes) instigated young sikhs to take arms and kill hindus and boys did such many incidents.. which if were not done by Santji followers, but never condemned by Santji also !! And also why santji asking the lady to first accept if she is daughter of a sikh and than take on her husband and his family members, is this what we learn from Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ??
Papindder Singh
New User

Postby singh13 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:13 am

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh.

kai loki sant jarnail singh ji khalsa bhindranwale nu saaka neele tara da kaaran mande ne te kai os wele di sarkar nu karan mande ne.te loka de apne apne vichaar ne sant bhindranwale ji de baare.
mai ta ehi kehna chanda ha ke aap sab nu ik kitab ' DIARY DE PANNE' by harbir singh bhavar padni chahidi hai te tuhanu aap sab kich pata lag jayege te eh vi pta lag jayege ke kive os wele di sarkar ne jaan bujh ke sri darbar sahib te pre planned attack karaya si.
singh13
New User

Postby 5ikh » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:56 pm

Papindder Singh wrote:do you find any wisdom in such justice system, where barely on a complaint from an unknown woman, the husband and entire family is kidnapped and brought before Santji by armed boys , in such a situation, who is not going to accept the dictate.. but why we forget, that this was Santji only, openly (released audio cassetes) instigated young sikhs to take arms and kill hindus and boys did such many incidents.. which if were not done by Santji followers, but never condemned by Santji also !! And also why santji asking the lady to first accept if she is daughter of a sikh and than take on her husband and his family members, is this what we learn from Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ??

To find wisdom on this great act of saving a girl from slavery, resides on the person reading the story, who must first develop the eyes to read it. Kamaljit Singh and all have baised views on Sant ji, so for them to understand the story it will be very difficult. Then to protray a true intrepretation will be nearly impossible.

do you find any wisdom in such justice system, where barely on a complaint from an unknown woman

You call her unknown because you can't see the hurt in her eyes. 'Barely a complaint' have you seen a woman who has lost all hope in everyone. Try to take the story what happened.

the husband and entire family is kidnapped and brought before Santji by armed boys

The government of India has failed miserably to protect its own innocent citizens, like this girl that is being mentally abused by a money hungry family. You attaching kidnapped to the label of, by force does not make Sant ji look as you wan him too. Using force is warranted in Sikhi when needed. Sant ji is not the attacker here, but the three whole abuse a girl.

in such a situation, who is not going to accept the dictate

The family accepted the solution to the problem and saw the light in what they were forcing their daughter in law to do.

but why we forget, that this was Santji only, openly (released audio cassetes) instigated young sikhs to take arms and kill hindus and boys did such many incidents.. which if were not done by Santji followers, but never condemned by Santji also !!

Did you hear the released audio of Sant ji making a Mandir in a town where the Hindus were without one. Sant ji was not the big bad wolf here. It was the Punjab police and interest groups(Congress, Badal, etc) that fed of the conflict. No Hindus were ever killed by Sant ji or like you put it, his boys. Also did you hear about the story where Sant ji gave money to an Hindu because the police burnt down his shop. Sant ji's character was true and he stood up for freedom of all people.

And also why santji asking the lady to first accept if she is daughter of a sikh and than take on her husband and his family members, is this what we learn from Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji ??

Please read the story again. The girls inlaws were demanding money from her parents. In those days inlaw and even today, they are slaves to the husbands family. They have to give lavish gifts, please the husbands family in every way because the family accepted their daughter. So Sant ji, being a man of honor and freedom stood in as her father for this case and told the inlaws to ask for money from him and they should try to oppress him. This say, to a lesser person the inlaws are asking for money for no reason and now when they are faced by a Saint-soldier, they can't even utter a word befor Sant ji. The girls family was being oppressed along with the girl, so the inlaws can take more money from them. Sant ji stood up for equality of all and freedom for all. In this case he showed not to let others be oppressed.

The Gurus gave freedom to all Sikhs and others in the same way, but on a bigger scale. Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji, say I am your father and from today on, you are free from slavery. Take it in context. A son or daughter do not disobey there father. In this sense Satguru Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji has taught us not to be oppressed ourselves and stand up for others rights as well, who are being oppressed.
5ikh
Power User

Next

Return to The Guru's Path