Confused Need Help Please

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.
Guru_Ka_Daas
New User

Confused Need Help Please

Post by Guru_Ka_Daas »

Shri Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Shri Waheguru Ji De Fateh!

Satsriakal to all my Brothers and Sisters on this form. I am new to the forum and I needed assistance please. I have been doing my daily prayers but I am confused of the main process of prayer. Some of our brothers and sisters say that in morning time 5 banis must be read while some say 3 banis are a minimum required for a Sikh. So, because I am confused I decided to read the Sikh Rehat Maryada which is located here: http://www.gurunanakdarbar.net/sikhrehatmaryada.pdf (page 6 of the document). As Per the Sikh Rehat Maryada documentation, the required banis to read in morning is 3, is this true or false? Because I have been doing as follows every morning in the following order: Mool Mantra jaap, Japji Sahib, Jaap Sahib, Tvai Prasadh Savaiye, Chaupai Sahib, and Anand Sahib all in the morning. In the evening I have been doing this: Rehraas Sahib, and then Kirtan Sohila. If the required are still 3 and not 5, can someone please post the exact word for word morning prayers to do and evening prayers the minimum required and also the process on how to do it meaning in beginning stand up what to do and say for beginning Ardaas and then start morning prayers and then how to end with ardaas? Please explain as I am confused.