Unconnected..

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.
Blue20
New User

Unconnected..

Post by Blue20 »

Wjkk wjkf,
I am a young female.. I'm a sikh.. but i don't follow the path continously eg doing my nitnem so i understand why im not connected to God. I lost hope to be frank after some serious things began to happen to me... when i was younger i didn't think much about it, then my karma was harsher as i grew up throughout my teens.. and now i've lost hope.. primarily because i don't have any sikh sangat where i live (mainly a white area) but i try to go to the gurudwara every week or so ( quite far from where i live). Some will say oh start praying then or start becoming more of a sikh.. but i find it difficult to motivate myself to do paath. I have kept my hair and rehat but i don't believe i have a clean mind either compared to years ago.

I just really want to connect to God again.. like i used to.. but i need the push like being more with sangat (which i try to do as much as possible).. but i just feel so disheartened about my personal situation and demotivated in most senses..

I don't know how to motivate myself to pray = become more spiritual..
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Re: Unconnected..

Post by loveforsikhi »

Blue20 wrote:Wjkk wjkf,
I am a young female.. I'm a sikh.. but i don't follow the path continously eg doing my nitnem so i understand why im not connected to God. I lost hope to be frank after some serious things began to happen to me... when i was younger i didn't think much about it, then my karma was harsher as i grew up throughout my teens.. and now i've lost hope.. primarily because i don't have any sikh sangat where i live (mainly a white area) but i try to go to the gurudwara every week or so ( quite far from where i live). Some will say oh start praying then or start becoming more of a sikh.. but i find it difficult to motivate myself to do paath. I have kept my hair and rehat but i don't believe i have a clean mind either compared to years ago.

I just really want to connect to God again.. like i used to.. but i need the push like being more with sangat (which i try to do as much as possible).. but i just feel so disheartened about my personal situation and demotivated in most senses..

WJKK WJKF Bhanji
I can understand the difficulty of not having Sikh sangat where you live. It’s really good that you are making the effort to go to the Gurdwara even though it is far away. Sometimes there is a time in our life where we are searching for a while. God is always so close, near us, but we don’t feel it. I had times like this in my life too. I wanted someone to tell me how to connect again, but I don’t think anyone was able to answer that question for me, maybe because it is a personal journey of finding that connection. I think finding someone to inspire you and finding sangat to pray with definitely helps. In my case, i took a trip to see my relatives and I visited Gurdwaras with them there, attended camps, we prayed together, we did simran together, and I not only learned a lot but it ignited a spark of inspiration that hasn’t dulled since then. If it’s not possible or practical for you to attend camps, or you don’t have relatives you could stay with for a change of pace, try online sangat (like via Sikhnet radio and Wahegurulive or mysimran.info sometimes does too). Try to re-establish your personal relationship with Guru Ji. Do Ardas and really just tell all that is bothering you, and Guru Ji will guide you using a Hukamnama. Understand the Gurbani to speak to the mind. Try to read inspirational books about Sikhism or Sikh history or maybe listen to a few different kathas (there are lots on youtube, even in English) for inspiration. The more you learn and understand the Gurbani, you will fall in love with this path again. But I know there is a major road-block when it comes to starting off. Don’t overwhelm yourself and go overboard. I’m just throwing some ideas out there. Do what feels reasonable. If nitnem feels too hard, do 5 minutes of simran in the morning. Whatever you do, do it with love, focus, attention. If you read Japji Sahib for example, try to understand and apply it. All of Gurbani cleanses the mind. We all have filth on the mind from past lives, from this life. Use the Gurbani to cleanse the mind, and to speak to the mind. Your situation will improve.

With love,
WJKK WJKF
thegreenleaf
New User

Post by thegreenleaf »

Blue20 wrote:Wjkk wjkf,

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!

The realisation that you're not connected to God, and spirituality is a way forward, is nothing less than His blessing.
Congratulations for that.
Todays' are a complicated lives, and that's why it is all in all a moral test.

What I would suggest as a next step is following:
1. 'Harimandar Sahib Darbar Sahib Amritsar' live audio telecast - Everyday from (IST) 4:15 am to 05:00am(till the Hukamnama).
If you are not able to listen to it live, then archives are available at "sgpc.net".
2. Recite "Waheguru Sahib Jio, Shukar hai" for two-three minutes daily morning.
3. Purchase steak(meaning of Shabads) of bani 'Japuji Sahib'. Read one page daily.
4. Purchase steak(meaning of Shabads) of bani 'Asa di Vaar'. Read one page daily.
5. Purchase a book- 'Spirit Born People' by Prof. Puran Singh. Read one page daily.

Try to follow all this religiously as of now.
New heights await you.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa, Waheguru ji ki fateh!
Superstar
Active Forum User

Post by Superstar »

Make shabad your sangat. Make Guru's teachings your companion. You can e-connect with sangat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3fcdwhXyVw