Guru reading

Spirituality, Gurbani, Naam, Bani, Bana, Simran and Seva.

Guru reading

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone,

just lately i'm sick of how i go with my life so I have been looking into the lives of guru's online and it really interests me it is truly fascinating yet i am still blind to the religion, to be honest i am more of a book person yet i can not come across a Guru book anywhere is there a part of this forum where i can do some real reading?? Also i want to get some Guru Statues are there specific statues to have around the home or is any guru statues for sale on the markets fine?? I am slowly turning my life around

Example below

Thanks
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Re: Guru reading

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

Get some Janam Sakhi books if you want insight into Gurus life, Just google it and you will find resources.

you can also get Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem Gutkas , (they now days come with with English translation, read in English till you pick up Gurmukhi, i personally think you should take up Gurmukhi as well , coz the meaning is often lost in translation)

BTW, the statue is just an artist representation of a human, it doesn't even remotely look like how guru's looked. In Sikhism, you need to focus more on Guru's teachings, knowledge, wisdom and values instead of looking at a statue and thinking you are looking at a Guru.

Nihal

Post by Guest »

Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:Get some Janam Sakhi books if you want insight into Gurus life, Just google it and you will find resources.

you can also get Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem Gutkas , (they now days come with with English translation, read in English till you pick up Gurmukhi, i personally think you should take up Gurmukhi as well , coz the meaning is often lost in translation)

BTW, the statue is just an artist representation of a human, it doesn't even remotely look like how guru's looked. In Sikhism, you need to focus more on Guru's teachings, knowledge, wisdom and values instead of looking at a statue and thinking you are looking at a Guru.

Nihal
That is just what i wan't some insight into what you are all about Janam Sakhi sounds like a place to start.

The Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem Gutkas, What is the content inside of these ??? what mysteries will i find???
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

Freshtosikh wrote:
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:Get some Janam Sakhi books if you want insight into Gurus life, Just google it and you will find resources.

Nihal
That is just what i wan't some insight into what you are all about Janam Sakhi sounds like a place to start.

The Japji Sahib, Sukhmani Sahib, Nitnem Gutkas, What is the content inside of these ??? what mysteries will i find???

The contents of the Gutkas are bani's of Guru's (verses by Sikh Guru's), What mysteries will you find ?

There are no quick answers to some life questions , each one must go though the process of self discovery, so its for you to figure out.

Post by Guest »

Thank you so much for your wisdom on this matter...

I will start my gurney in research to see if this is the right path see where it leads me in the future!!

Thanks again Guru