Plans to build new Sikh temple in Irvine

Events, get-togethers, community announcements
singhbj
Power User

Post by singhbj »

http://www.irvinetimes.com/news/1387234 ... in_Irvine/?
swarn bains
Power User

Re: Plans to build new Sikh temple in Irvine

Post by swarn bains »

it is a sikh practice. i live in a place where it happens all too many times. there is a group of sikhs who want to be the head of a sikh community. they build one gurdwara, then some of them take over the gurdwara. the rest are left behind. then they build another one. those who did not get any action, they move on and build another one. it continues because sikhs donate money on the name of gurdwara. i know a man who has moved seven times and yet he is till waiting to be permanent leader of the gurdwaraa. it is a matter of power grabbing and there is lot of money exchanges hands. here if the leader does not know i will give him the suggestion. where i live this is how it happens. a group of people donate certain amount of money then they form a trust and those people are the permanent members of the trust. the other people cannot become the members of the managing committee. the elections take place but there also they divide their groups and take turns to become the managing committee. the public can vote but they cannot become the office bearer. so all the money goes through the hands of the office bearers and they play with it.i will give you another suggestion. that you have to have many locks for the golak. so that come evening one office bearer goes takes out the large money notes and replaces the lock. so the day the money is counted the new lock is opened in front of the audience. so they are honest. as long as the sikh sangat keeps on donating, there will be new gurdwaras next door to each other. i will be available if the leader wants some more suggestion.
singhbj
Power User

Post by singhbj »

Bains ji if it is that easy & lucrative then why not start your own !

I know what you say is true but why have 10 Gurdwara's in one town ?

There should be one Gurdwara, Clinic & Dipensary, School, Gym, Recreational Hall, Library, Old home ...
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

it is that lucrative. those who have it, do not do any other work and ride mercedes and lexuses. it is not my minds wish to start my own
singhbj
Power User

Post by singhbj »

ਇਸੁ ਜਰ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਘਣੀ ਵਿਗੁਤੀ ਇਨਿ ਜਰ ਘਣੀ ਖੁਆਈ ॥
Eis Jar Kaaran Ghanee Viguthee Ein Jar Ghanee Khuaaee ||
इसु जर कारणि घणी विगुती इनि जर घणी खुआई ॥
For the sake of this wealth, so many were ruined; because of this wealth, so many have been disgraced.
10 ਆਸਾ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੧੭ ਪੰ. ੧੭
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev Page:417 Line: 17

ਪਾਪਾ ਬਾਝਹੁ ਹੋਵੈ ਨਾਹੀ ਮੁਇਆ ਸਾਥਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥
Paapaa Baajhahu Hovai Naahee Mueiaa Saathh N Jaaee ||
पापा बाझहु होवै नाही मुइआ साथि न जाई ॥
It was not gathered without sin, and it does not go along with the dead.
11 ਆਸਾ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੧੭ ਪੰ. ੧੭
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev Page:417 Line: 17

ਜਿਸ ਨੋ ਆਪਿ ਖੁਆਏ ਕਰਤਾ ਖੁਸਿ ਲਏ ਚੰਗਿਆਈ ॥੩॥
Jis No Aap Khuaaeae Karathaa Khus Leae Changiaaee ||3||
जिस नो आपि खुआए करता खुसि लए चंगिआई ॥३॥
Those, whom the Creator Lord would destroy - first He strips them of virtue. ||3||
12 ਆਸਾ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੪੧੭ ਪੰ. ੧੮
Raag Asa Guru Nanak Dev Page:417 Line: 18

https://www.searchgurbani.com/scripture ... 10/line/11