how to deal with depression

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports
alliswell
New User

Re: how to deal with depression

Post by alliswell »

You're not alone and so many people have these types of thoughts at varying degrees.

Sometimes realizing that you are not your mind and you are not your thoughts allows you to not get too tangled into the depression. You do not deny the depressing thoughts, but you do not identify with them as being you. You are not your thoughts but the space in which they occur. So when depressing thoughts arise you accept them completely and watch them arise, remain, and then fade away. Eventually you see a distance between the thoughts/feelings of depression and yourself. You are not these emotions and feelings, but rather the witnesser of them.

And while you may have depressing feelings arise, that doesn't mean you cannot begin to cultivate some more empowering and positive thoughts such as feeling compassion and love for yourself and for others. Additionally, finding some gratitude in anything (the blue sky, sunshine, the fact you have eyes, appreciating a loved one, happy about a certain aspect of your health, gratitude for obtaining the physical human form), can be something you can cultivate.

Best wishes, you are not alone. And this wont last forever. Everything that arises will fade. You true essence is joy and that will rise up in you.

Post by Guest »

I'm not Sikh, I've only joined this forum because I'm very interested in learning more. I hope it's ok for me to post.

Is there a reason why you can't go to therapy? If you can, I think it might be very helpful to you. Therapy doesn't have to involve medication if that's not something you're uncomfortable with.

There are many forms of therapy. Many of them are talk-based or include some homework of sorts. There are a lot of different methods and it depends on what is best for your personality and situation. You might simply do therapy that consists of the therapist asking questions to help you find ways to cope and get better, therapy that relies on expressing yourself through art, group therapy where you share experiences alongside others. Those are just examples. I would recommend therapy because you'll have more professional guidance than you would have by trying to treat it all by yourself but also because there are so many options that you can find something that fits you. If you don't like a certain therapist or any of the methods they propose you can find another one.

It may be expensive but if you can't afford it, there may be cheaper options in your area. I know that some depression support groups sometimes offer that.

I hope this helps and that you can get better. I've been through that so I know what it's like and you have my sympathy.
royaldrugstore
New User

Post by royaldrugstore »

well enormous thinking on a particular subject we lead human mind in to different level called depression, which will not allow you to enjoy your social & working environments. It continuously forces you to deal with unwanted issues. To overcome this u can try outbound activities like sports, music, dance or writing your thoughts on daily bases. U must engage yourself into different moods and activities. you can improve your vitamin diets which will give you strengths for outbound activities.
thshower
New User

Post by thshower »

Record what you are thankful for. When you begin you will consider increasingly things. It unquestionably lifts the mind-set! Additionally bear in mind, it's the easily overlooked details in life. like the delicate pad your head is laying on, or the quite shading your toenails are painted!, and so forth. Concentrate on positive things. Stand up straight. Grin at yourself in the mirror. Chime in to your most loved music.
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

For a start go to therapy , dealing with depression needs mental and physical help as well , i.e. medications to restore some vitamin and iron/magnesium etc balance.

If you cant afford therapy or don't want to go for any reason , then i would suggest along with Gurbani also read up on some self help books based on CBT (Cognizant behavior Therapy) or REBT (Rational Emotive behavior Therapy),
Personally i find books by Alber Ellis founder of REBT therapy to be most effective

Nihal
Alizeh
New User

Post by Alizeh »

Every man has his secret sorrows which the world knows not; and often times we call a man cold when he is only sad. That's the thing about depression: A human being can survive almost anything, as long as he or she sees the end in sight. But depression is so insidious, and it compounds daily, that it's impossible to ever see the end.
MYSIMRANINFO
New User

Post by MYSIMRANINFO »

O dear my brothers and sisters i want to help you please do simran and your life will be full of BLISS and at same time you will also achieve purpose of life that is to meet with WAHEGURU while we alive.
Simaro Simar Simar Sukh Paavo||
Meditate, meditate, meditate in remembrance of Him, and find peace.
Kal Kalaes Than Maahi Mittaavo||
Worry and anguish shall be dispelled from your body.
Right Sangat is very important so please i beg you please search mysimraninfo on youtube, facebook even this Sangat has website. #Mysimran.info
tanveerbhutani10
New User

Post by tanveerbhutani10 »

Take up some form of exercise. There's evidence that exercise can help lift your mood. If you haven't exercised for a while, start gently by walking for 20 minutes every day.

Post by Guest »

lostandfound wrote:Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Over the past 3 years, I have been dealing with depression - on and off. Six months ago, I thought I had dealt with the depression, become a more positive person and learned to live and enjoy the present moment. Over the past 10 days, I have fallen back into severe depression (for no reason I can see) and I am afraid it will continue my entire life. I am 30 years old, have a secure job and happily married - no children yet. The worst part of my depression - the impact I see that it has on my husband. I do not wish to take medication but would rather deal with this naturally. Could anyone help me or offer any suggestions for dealing with depression? WJKK WJKF

Drinking two bottle water daily
tanveerbhutani10
New User

Post by tanveerbhutani10 »

lostandfound wrote:Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh,
Over the past 3 years, I have been dealing with depression - on and off. Six months ago, I thought I had dealt with the depression, become a more positive person and learned to live and enjoy the present moment. Over the past 10 days, I have fallen back into severe depression (for no reason I can see) and I am afraid it will continue my entire life. I am 30 years old, have a secure job and happily married - no children yet. The worst part of my depression - the impact I see that it has on my husband. I do not wish to take medication but would rather deal with this naturally. Could anyone help me or offer any suggestions for dealing with depression? WJKK WJKF

Daily morning excersise is best method to deels with depression. and drink two bottle water daily because water is also good to remove all types of diseases.