Paneer??

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports

Paneer??

Postby BindasGirl » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:31 pm

I am a white American living in the USA (but dating a Sikh from Punjab). i've been doing lots of Indian cooking lately and want to make some paneer dishes but I am unable to find paneer here in the US where I live. What kind of cheese can I use that is closely resembles paneer?
BindasGirl
New User

Re: Paneer??

Postby apstalwar » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:30 pm

you can make your own paneer by adding few drops of freshlime to milk and curdle it. Then pour it in muslin cloth and drain the liquid. The balance solid matter can be further solidified by tying a knot and keeping under a heavy object so that bits of water also drain out. After overnight your paneer is ready
apstalwar
New User

Re: Paneer??

Postby preetyds » Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:32 pm

You can't find paneer? That's hard to believe! :) Do you not have a local indian grocer? We have several Indian grocery stores around the metroplex...they all sell paneer. If you live in a small town maybe you aren't close to an Indian grocer but if you live in a larger city there is surely a store nearby. Do a google maps search with your zip code.
preetyds
New User

Return to Health and Wellbeing