Forgetting and moving on

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports
KamaljitSingh
Power User

Forgetting and moving on

Post by KamaljitSingh »

Sticky stuff like butter and oil cause physical obesity.The tendency to stick to the emotions can cause emotional obesity.Both types of obesity take away grace and are not good for health.Perhaps a bit of forgetting and a bit of the tendency to move on in life is good for health.It is perhaps for good reasons that a computer has a delete button.
Satnam Waheguru

Sewa is a bit extra that we do for the fellow beings and we may call it 'Practical Simran'.
rusty_sim
Active Forum User

Re: Forgetting and moving on

Post by rusty_sim »

Very well put sir. My parents are sort of fat and I'm as skinny as a stick (thanks to a high metabolism, genetics from my grandfather, and no desire for food) but even then I try to eat fatty foods but alas no weight gain. Maybe I need a better diet. I think alot of the food problems lay in culture too. Especially with all these sweets like jilebi and lido. I guarentee nobody was fat when they worked hard and ate roti and a simple dahl.
gurbanicd
New User

Post by gurbanicd »

The link given by kamaljeetsingh is very nice advise to "sylvia". Forgetting somebody not coming foward, is possible by meditation to the god so that concentration of mind is moved away from one particular person.It is difficult but is only way out.

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh
hedonist
New User

Post by hedonist »

I think just setting aside time every day to quiet one's thoughts, taking time out from our busy schedules and hectic lives and omnipresent screens, to be alone, breathe deeply, and live in the moment, has tremendous value. I don't think you need to shell out for an advanced teacher unless that's something you really want to do. I and a few other people I know learn meditating in small groups for free, and we are happy with it.