Am I Being Sensitive?

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports
AaKaur
New User

Am I Being Sensitive?

Post by AaKaur »

I hope an older person is allowed to post here. I'm middle aged and have worked for the same organisation for 25 years. I recently started working at a different site but within the same organisation. The last person to leave is meant to lock up. The keys are kept in a locked room, which you enter by typing in the code into the door keypad. As I'm sometimes the last to leave, I've asked for the code a few times but they keep saying ' oh, don't worry about it, leave it unlocked'. Feeling the 'odd one out'.
Bundha
Power User

Re: Am I Being Sensitive?

Post by Bundha »

There is discrimination in the workplace sometimes it is very subtle. This may be because you are new yet. But you should raise it with your manager - I have been told to leave the premises unlocked, if anything happens like a break in then I cannot be held responsible. If you want me to leave the premises unlocked while others lock it overnight then please send me an email regarding this so that I am covered - Once you have sent them an email about it they will have to act (and you are covered) and I cannot believe they will reply saying it is okay for you to leave the building unlocked , so they will have to act, either to say you are okay to leave it unlocked or they will have to give you the code. You have to force their hand.

Hope this helps.
Guru Nanak Dev Ji Guru Gobind Singh Ji Guru Granth Sahib Ji Dasam Granth Sahib Ji.
Allain
New User

Post by Allain »

You shouldn't be affected by their own negligence. Your worries about safety is a sign of a responsible mindful person. It always bothers me too if people demonstrate such carelessness. It's really sad.
I never knew that the wind was always my friend...
ownermed
New User

Post by ownermed »

I agree, you need to inform about this, you are a responsible person and stay that way. You say the right thing!