IS IVF/Surogacy acceptable in Sikhi?

Diet, Nutrition, Physical Health, Vegetarian Lifestyle, Disease, Healing, Care, Body care, Exercise, Recipes, Dancing and Sports
DarshanKaurSethi
New User

IS IVF/Surogacy acceptable in Sikhi?

Post by DarshanKaurSethi »

Gurfateh ji,

I have a medical condition in which the doctors has said that I might not be able to have kids in the future and if i do it will be a very difficult process. I am currently seeking traditional treatment but only guru ji has a say in this.

I am currently single, tho my parents are looking for a gursikh for me, but I find it unfair to get to know the person or even marry anyone when I might not be able to provide the person with a family in the future.

I know there are many ways to have kids with the progression of Science, E.g IVF, Surrogacy and Adoption.

However is IVF and Surrogacy accepted in Sikhi? Is it really unfair for me to marry a gursikh when i know i might not be able to give him family?

Gurfateh ji
Darshan Kaur
deepshika1
New User

Re: IS IVF/Surogacy acceptable in Sikhi?

Post by deepshika1 »

DarshanKaurSethi wrote:Gurfateh ji,

I have a medical condition in which the doctors has said that I might not be able to have kids in the future and if i do it will be a very difficult process. I am currently seeking traditional treatment but only guru ji has a say in this.

I am currently single, tho my parents are looking for a gursikh for me, but I find it unfair to get to know the person or even marry anyone when I might not be able to provide the person with a family in the future.

I know there are many ways to have kids with the progression of Science, E.g IVF, Surrogacy and Adoption.

However is IVF and Surrogacy accepted in Sikhi? Is it really unfair for me to marry a gursikh when i know i might not be able to give him family?

Gurfateh ji
Darshan Kaur
I don't know if it is accepted in terms of tradition, but if you mention it and let him know that this is the situation, then you are not committing any sin because you are informing the concerned person about your situation and what might come in the future.