Page 1 of 1

BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 5:01 pm
by erin10467
I do apologize fo the true an honest person who are on this forum But I am so mad right now.
I am French married with a Sikh person since 7 years ago. Today- Today when going on my husband facebook i dicovered that he is getting married there. He never told me anything and I am so mad especially that I have a daughter and my husband means the world to her.
I am writing you as I try to understand how a husband can so that to his wife without telling her and how a father can live his daughter in a very bad situation?
Thank you in advance for your answer I really need to understand to make me going.


Re: BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Posted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:50 pm
by suji singh
Do what you would do if were married to a French man? Notify authorities. Polygamy is illegal in India and France. As far as I know, anyone can have a civil marriage in India, however, he must submit proof that he is single for registering the marriage. At any rate, you may need to hire an attorney.

Re: BETRAY by a Singh What Should i do?

Posted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:43 am
by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria

Your husband cannot legally get married in India unless he produces a Non Objection Certificate from the French embassy, However its possibly that this marriage is meant for India purpose only and wont be registered, so effectively he has a family there and a family in France.

You do have legal rights, you can contact the french embassy and tell them about your husband getting married etc, try and contact a lawyer in india-punjab from yellow pages.

On a side note, did you husband wear a turban and unshorn beard ? No that doesn't mean who don't are not Sikhs but i wanted to know the commitment he had towards his faith.