Sikh and non-Sikh realitionship

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Sikh and non-Sikh realitionship

Postby girlfriend » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:09 pm

Hi. I would like to hear your opinion. I am not a Sikh, but my boyfriend is and we've been together for over six years. When we met he promised to marry me after few years, then he promised he will take me to see his family soon, but nothing happened. I didn't want to push him to do something he wasn't ready to do. I understand family is important, even for me. I wouldn't take just any boyfriend to see my parents, only the one I would be marrying, so I waited, and I am still waiting.. I am turning in a age I would like to start my own family soon, and I have started to think if he would ever take me to see his family and marry me. When I ask he says I don't understand, its not that easy, its not the right time.. Is there ever right time, or is he just playing with me until he is ready to start his own family the way his family wants him to? I do believe when he says he loves me, but is love enough? I don't need to hear it, I want some action to show it to me. We have been talking about marriage, what it means to us, and how would we raise our children, what name shall they have, and what religion. I gave him deadline to tell about me to his parents, he didn't tell them. Then I gave him more time, because I don't want our relationship to end, and I am still waiting. But I can't wait for ever, there is limit on my patience too. Now I wonder should I leave him, or wait longer? I love him still, but I don't trust his promises any more. I want to have a family, its been my dream since I was a little girl. Should I just give up my love and have a child on my own? Anyone had same experience? What would you advise me to do in this situation?
girlfriend
New User

Re: Sikh and non-Sikh realitionship

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Sat Jan 12, 2013 9:14 pm

How come i never hear of Sikh women who break promises etc etc made to Non Sikh Men, but constantly hear of Sikh men who break promises to marry Non Sikh Girls ?

You gave him ultimatum and then a extension, clearly he is not ready to make the commitment and unfortunately not telling you clearly, So its up to you to make the decision.

There are plenty of men out there , no need to break your head/heart behind a single person.

-Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Return to Relationships