A word to the wise !

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru
Harbhajan S. Sangha
Power User

A word to the wise !

Post by Harbhajan S. Sangha »

Do not allow some to become a priority in your life,

when you are just an option in their life............

Relationships work best when they are balanced !

- an enlightened soul
With Divine Love & Blessings of Waheguru Ji, may you all enjoy: peace, unconditional love, light (enlightenment), health, happiness & prosperity in life !
Jyoti1982
Active Forum User

Re: A word to the wise !

Post by Jyoti1982 »

Thanks Harbajan! That makes perfect sense :)
harmanpreet singh
Power User

Re: A word to the wise !

Post by harmanpreet singh »

importance of balance

mahatma BUDHA WAS a prince , beautiful dancers , wealth , palaces , aritocracy , all pleasure of kingdom were not able to gave the internal peace to him , one night he left the palace and started living in forest , he gave much harsh treatment to his body , he lived without food , he sarted performing difficult aasans to remember lord , he tied himself up side down from trees , stayed in cold waters and so on , but all invain , still he was without peace

in this frustation he was wandering , and he saw a artist adjusting the string of a musical instrument ,when string was loose it donot produce sweet voice , when it was tightened it breaks down , then artist made a very fine balance of the tension in the string , then the instrument produces a very melodious music .

then mahatma budh sensed that neither hardship nor pleasure leads to god , there should be delicate balance bw them , the path of religion is very narrow ie on edge of the sword , balance is very necesasary as said by baba sheikh farid ji

ਵਾਟ ਹਮਾਰੀ ਖਰੀ ਉਡੀਣੀ ॥
The path upon which I must walk is very narrow.

ਖੰਨਿਅਹੁ ਤਿਖੀ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਪਿਈਣੀ ॥
It is sharper than a two-edged sword, and very narrow.

ਉਸੁ ਊਪਰਿ ਹੈ ਮਾਰਗੁ ਮੇਰਾ ॥
That is where my path lies.

ਸੇਖ ਫਰੀਦਾ ਪੰਥੁ ਸਮ੍ਹ੍ਹਾਰਿ ਸਵੇਰਾ ॥੪॥੧॥
O Shaykh Fareed, think of that path early on. ||4||1||

gurufateh
ਤੈ ਸਾਹਿਬ ਕੀ ਬਾਤ ਜਿ ਆਖੈ ਕਹੁ ਨਾਨਕ ਕਿਆ ਦੀਜੈ
says Nanak, what shall I give to Him who brings mesage of lord for me

ਸੀਸ ਵਢੇ ਕਰਿ ਬੈਸਣ ਦੀਜੈ ਵਿਣ ਸਿਰ ਸੇਵ ਕਰੀਜੈ
Cutting off my head, I give it to Him to sit upon; without my head, I shall still serve Him