Marriage without Grooms family

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Marriage without Grooms family

Postby Guest » Thu May 28, 2015 4:15 pm

Sat Sri Akaal,

I am on here because I did not know where else to go to ask for advice from some people who may be in the same situation as me. I am a 23 year old, just finshed education and I am in a relationship with a guy the same age also finished his studies. We told our families early on that we essentially wanted this relationship to lead to marriage. My family were fine, they met him and were happy. His family were the total opposite, they came to my house and spoke to my parents and seemed happy and then did not get in contact again. Only once he went home did he realise that they did not want him to get married to me.
They provided him with the ultimatum of choosing either me or them. I have not been brought up to wreck someones home, but he is willing to leave his family for me. My parents are willing to support us both and get us married but I dont know how I should handle this situation? Love is extremely important to a person, but how far will it actually get you? I can always ask about 'what ifs' but I fear that if I let him go, I will never love again. But his family have told him if he stays with me they want nothing more to do with him, his Dadi went as far to say that she doesn't want him at her funeral.
How can they be so heartless if they can't even provide a reason as to why they are objecting with this marriage?
Any thoughts, comments and help would be kindly accepted.

Return to Relationships