Hindu Boy marriage with Sikh Girl

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru

Hindu Boy marriage with Sikh Girl

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:00 am

Satshrikaal / Namaste ,

I am doing PhD in engineering. Few months ago , I fell in love with girl who belongs to Sikhism. I want to marry her.
I know she also feeling the same. As a true religious , her first question was the same as for every girls " She dont want to change her religion after marriage". I truly respect her beliefs. But she is afraid to tell this to her family. As her father might be not agreed about this relation ship. . I only know that i love her so much. Is this a sin "if a sikh girl will marry to hindu boy" ??
Also, Can Sikhs are agreed to marry his daughters to Hindus community ??
If not, Are we supposed to follow this only " if you want to marry a hindu boy or sikh girl you should be born in their community ?? "

Please help , I am totally lost.

Re: Hindu Boy marriage with Sikh Girl

Postby Romesh Kumar » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:47 pm

Sush89,
This is not that uncommon nor common as well.
If you are Punjabi and from same/equivalent caste of her own then it is relatively easier.
All the best.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:45 am

sush89 wrote:Satshrikaal / Namaste ,

I am doing PhD in engineering. Few months ago , I fell in love with girl who belongs to Sikhism. I want to marry her.
I know she also feeling the same. As a true religious , her first question was the same as for every girls " She dont want to change her religion after marriage". I truly respect her beliefs. But she is afraid to tell this to her family. As her father might be not agreed about this relation ship. . I only know that i love her so much. Is this a sin "if a sikh girl will marry to hindu boy" ??
Also, Can Sikhs are agreed to marry his daughters to Hindus community ??
If not, Are we supposed to follow this only " if you want to marry a hindu boy or sikh girl you should be born in their community ?? "

Please help , I am totally lost.

If you so much want to marry her then whats the problem in adopting Sikh faith if its important to her, why should only the women sacrifice ? , Whats the problem in you adopting Sikh faith ?

Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby Guest » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:04 pm

Brother Satshrikaal /Namaste,

Thanks for your reply . As i said ,I truly respect her religious beliefs.And my family is also ready to accept her.So Where the question of sacrifice ? I am not supporter or believer to change our self for some one. I believe if you love some one then you have to respect her feelings. Even I want that she will continue her religion after the marriage and i am ready to support her at every phase of life. No need to change. But the problem is " Is her parents allowed her to marriage in Hindu Family " She is afraid to ask to her parents because her father might be angry about inter religion.

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:18 am

Romesh Kumar wrote:Sush89,
This is not that uncommon nor common as well.
If you are Punjabi and from same/equivalent caste of her own then it is relatively easier.
All the best.

Thank you So much Brother :)

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:41 pm

sush89 wrote:Brother Satshrikaal /Namaste,

Thanks for your reply . As i said ,I truly respect her religious beliefs.And my family is also ready to accept her.So Where the question of sacrifice ? I am not supporter or believer to change our self for some one. I believe if you love some one then you have to respect her feelings. Even I want that she will continue her religion after the marriage and i am ready to support her at every phase of life. No need to change. But the problem is " Is her parents allowed her to marriage in Hindu Family " She is afraid to ask to her parents because her father might be angry about inter religion.

I knew there is no love here, had there been a iota of love you would hv said yes i am ready to adopt Sikh faith for her , ready to do ANYTHING that reduces relationship stress for her.

However this is a case of hindu guy getting married to a Sikh lady. its not about you getting married to the lady you love.

Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby worriedsoul » Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:31 am

sush89 wrote: Can Sikhs are agreed to marry his daughters to Other community ??

This is not allowed as per Sikh Values. Though it depends on how much concern an individual/family has for Sikh Values.

Mostly, not only does the woman starts following beliefs of other community, but the children from such marriages are also obviously not Sikhs. Its a tiny community, on top of that merging rapidly with others these days, because of such interfaith marriages.
worriedsoul
New User

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:51 pm

Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:
sush89 wrote:Brother Satshrikaal /Namaste,

I knew there is no love here, had there been a iota of love you would hv said yes i am ready to adopt Sikh faith for her , ready to do ANYTHING that reduces relationship stress for her.

However this is a case of hindu guy getting married to a Sikh lady. its not about you getting married to the lady you love.

Nihal

Brother ,
I think there is some misunderstanding. as i said i believe in her faith. I love her very much for your kind information. i have no problem to adopt sikh faith but the same is her parents will adopt Hindus Faith ?? Or your meaning is i have to change from Hinduism to sikhism if i want to marry her ??

Postby Nihal Singh Kanakpuria » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:28 am

Sush,

Would your parents adopt Sikh faith if she marries into your family ? since you want her parents to become Hindus coz ur adopting sikh faith isnt it .

Never before have i heard meaningless arguments and with every post its clearer that you love your faith more than you love her and off course you want her to maintain her faith (so u can tell people you have a sikh wife) but you dont hv the courage to adopt your wife's faith.

-Nihal
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:20 pm

Nihal Singh Kanakpuria wrote:Sush,

Would your parents adopt Sikh faith if she marries into your family ? since you want her parents to become Hindus coz ur adopting sikh faith isnt it .

Never before have i heard meaningless arguments and with every post its clearer that you love your faith more than you love her and off course you want her to maintain her faith (so u can tell people you have a sikh wife) but you dont hv the courage to adopt your wife's faith.

-Nihal

Brother I already told you in my first comment , My family have no problem in adopting the Sikh faith. Their wish is also she will continue her religion and they will support her. I will ready to adopt her faiths but it doesn't mean that i have to forget my religion. We both want to continue our religions. But mine question is about her parents ?? Can they agree to adopt hindu boy ??

Think about opposite case " Suppose Sikh boy love Hindu Girl " ?? Then what you will suggest ?? Either Girl have to forcefully change her religion toward Sikhism or Is she will allowed to continue her religion after marriage ??
In my opinion " They both allowed to continue their own religions and they have to support & respect each other at every phase of life.

Next

Return to Relationships