How sinful is this? What should I do? Dating as a Sikh

Family, love, marriage, children and the relationship of ourselves to our own soul and to the Guru
Faith567
New User

How sinful is this? What should I do? Dating as a Sikh

Post by Faith567 »

Hi All,
So I’m in my early 20’s turbaned Sikh man. I’ve never actually understood what Sikhism is nor was it ever communicated to me in the past. I grew up with white, non-Sikh friends and never really got into Sikhism. During university to all the way up till recently I’ve wanted to cut my hair but have resisted not to hurt family. Although we have never been actually taught why we wear the turban and what’s are the rules of Sikhism.
I moved to another city in the states on my own for a job. Under the influence of my white friends I downloaded dating apps. I’ve been on a few dates and have realised indian girls don’t like Sikhs. But I’m fine with that and understand that it’s shallow and vein and defeats the purpose of sikhi. Which is not care about appearances etc.
Howver, although I have never been intimate With anyone and have only kissed in the past. I still feel guilty.

Recently, I made the decision to not use dating apps find a Sikh partner. I’ve watched many of jagraj singh videos and only if I had known about them before.....
I feel guilty of what I will say to my partner. Will they accept me.
What should I do? Should I hide the past? The dates?