Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
pooja
Active Forum User

Ishmeet Singh drowns.

Post by pooja »

TTimes Of India
Reality show star Ishmeet Singh drowns in hotel swimming pool
29 Jul 2008, 2331 hrs IST,PTI

Singer Ishmeet Singh in Chandigarh (Photo: Jaswinder singh)
COLOMBO/LUDHIANA: Celebrity singer Ishmeet Singh from Punjab drowned on Tuesday in a swimming pool at a resort in the Maldives where he went to take part in a concert, plunging the music industry into a gloom.

Gurprinder Singh Sodhi, father of 20-year-old Ishmeet, who shot to fame by winning the Star India TV Voice of India contest in November last year, said at their home in Ludhiana that the event management company, which took his son to the Maldives, informed him at around 8 pm that the singer died due to drowning in the swimming pool of the hotel where he was staying.

The B.Com second year student of MNC college in Mumbai went to the pool for frolicking but fell into its deep end leading to his drowning.

Sodhi told reporters that they were surprised that their son had died due to drowning in the swimming pool. "He had never swam before us and we are not aware whether he could swim or not," an inconsolably sobbing father said.

"The TV channels announced his death at around 9 pm, the time when were expecting to see Ishmeet perform for the first time in the Maldives", Sodhi said.

He said Ishmeet had left Ludhiana on Monday for Chandigarh from where he went to Mumbai on way to the Maldives.
SportySardar
Power User

Re: Ishmeet Singh drowns.

Post by SportySardar »

This is soo sad. Ishmeet was such a role model for our youth. I cannot express my sadness at his passing away. May his soul rest in peace and may his songs inspire youth for generation to come.
Anmol M Singh
New User

Post by Anmol M Singh »

It is very sad and unfortunate. I would to offer my condolences to Ismeet's family. May God give them courage and stength in this hour of grief. May Ismeet's soul rest is peace.
pawandeep84
Power User

Post by pawandeep84 »

Ishmeet's parents demanded investigation......... they say its not an accident, its a planned murder....
today is his funeral @ ludhiana

lets c what happens in the investigation.
< ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕਾ ਖਾਲਸਾ, ਵਾਹਿਗੁਰੂ ਜੀ ਕੀ ਫਤਿਹ
PawandeeP Singh
jatindersingh2008
New User

Post by jatindersingh2008 »

may god gv peace to his soul.....sachaypatshaa osnu aapnay charnaa ch jagah dena....waheguru,,waheguru....
wgill
New User

Post by wgill »

wjkk wjkf

Ishmeet singh may have been murdered:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/StoryPage ... trParentID