Why can’t SGGS utilize its powers

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Why can’t SGGS utilize its powers

Post by Gaganjeet »

There has been many instances where the Guru was desecrated inside a Gurudwara. One such incident there used to be tobacco on the Guru everyday and finally after a few days a fellow from a different cast was caught doing the BEADBI. Second- once in my presence a fellow came shouting, screaming with hair disheveled in the Gurudwara with his family. He took the slippers of the sangat and started eating them. It was clear either he was mentally disturbed or possessed. His father told me that the person inside him was a father-in-law who expired years back and said him to take to this Gurudwara where a saint had been living. He said that this saint can help him get rid of his sins and he can take another birth as a human. The saint were at a different place at that time. Suddenly he started barking like a dog and ran towards the place where there was SGGS’s parkash. His father screamed- stop him, he will throw SGGS on the floor. He had done the same in the Gurudwara at the village. There was a singh who was cleaning the main gate of the Parkash. The man screamed at the SINGH to get out of his way and moved forward to beat him. The sing stayed calm and gave a nice slap on the man’s face. Suddenly, that fellow got up and asked his father how did we come here, where is my turban. He had not eaten in two days and that day he went to the LANGAR and ate many rotis. The singh who slapped him was a Bihari Labour who had come to Punjab and after listening to the discourse of the saint of that ashram pleaded to take Amrit. His name was changed from Sadanand Kumar to Nand Singh.

What I am asking is how come a person do this desecration of the Guru. Why can’t the Guru use its powers?
AS Khalsa
Power User

Re: Why can’t SGGS utilize its powers

Post by AS Khalsa »

Gaganjeet wrote:There has been many instances where the Guru was desecrated inside a Gurudwara. One such incident there used to be tobacco on the Guru everyday and finally after a few days a fellow from a different cast was caught doing the BEADBI. Second- once in my presence a fellow came shouting, screaming with hair disheveled in the Gurudwara with his family. He took the slippers of the sangat and started eating them. It was clear either he was mentally disturbed or possessed. His father told me that the person inside him was a father-in-law who expired years back and said him to take to this Gurudwara where a saint had been living. He said that this saint can help him get rid of his sins and he can take another birth as a human. The saint were at a different place at that time. Suddenly he started barking like a dog and ran towards the place where there was SGGS’s parkash. His father screamed- stop him, he will throw SGGS on the floor. He had done the same in the Gurudwara at the village. There was a singh who was cleaning the main gate of the Parkash. The man screamed at the SINGH to get out of his way and moved forward to beat him. The sing stayed calm and gave a nice slap on the man’s face. Suddenly, that fellow got up and asked his father how did we come here, where is my turban. He had not eaten in two days and that day he went to the LANGAR and ate many rotis. The singh who slapped him was a Bihari Labour who had come to Punjab and after listening to the discourse of the saint of that ashram pleaded to take Amrit. His name was changed from Sadanand Kumar to Nand Singh.

What I am asking is how come a person do this desecration of the Guru. Why can’t the Guru use its powers?
Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Veerji,I think the question you are asking is, why does the Guru not intervene to prevent Guru's desecration. I assume you're waiting for a miraculous event to occur, for example, a man runs to attack the Guru and is struck down by a bolt of lightning. A lot of people also ask why miraculous events are reported to have occured on various occasions in previous centures, but why then do they not occur in this modern day and age (sorry to wander a little off topic). Personally, I think that its all to do with technology. If a 'miracle' were to happen today, then it would probably be recorded on a camera, placed on youtube and viewed by the entire world, thus silencing atheists like Richard Dawkins who claim miracles aren't true. However, this Dhuniya, this Sansaar, is all Waheguru's test of our character, faith, devotion, belief, love and sincerity. One should believe in miracles not because they have seen it, but because they have faith. Veerji, In the old days, a few select people would witness a miracle, go and tell others, who would decide for themselves, based on the amount of faith they possesed, if they believed or if they didn't.

However Veerji, that doesn't mean to say no miracles occur in this day and age. I think in the case of the story you described so vividly above, instead of sending a bolt of lightning, Guru Ji sent the Singh from Bihar instead, to prevent desecration. When Guru Ji wanted to prevent the destruction of Sikhi at the hands of the Mughals in the 1700s, he didn't kill them all with a great holy fire, instead he sent Baba Banda Singh Bahadaur to sent the dogs running out of the Punjab with their tails between their legs. When Guru Ji wanted to save truckloads of women kept as slaves by Afghan imvaders of India, he sent the mighty Khalsa to rescue them, acting as its agents. Everyone questions the times Dhan Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji allowed itself to be desecrated, but completely forgets the hundreds of thousands of times Akal Purakh prevents the desecration of the Guru by sending his Singhs and Singhniaan to take action. Whenever Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji is in danger of being desecrated, there will always be loyal Sikhs to protect the Guru.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Post by Gaganjeet »

Veerji, I didnt actually mean a lightning kind of powers. Just the Pratap. I actually laughed after reading. My fault i was not specific. Your reply has answered my question. Love, learning. Thanks for the reply. A great insight.
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

regarding desecrated sggs. firstly in divine path the miracles are against divinity. those who believe and perform miracles are egotistic. the ego is opposite to himility which is the path of divine knowledge. secondly the sggs is said to be a living guru of sikhs. now when you say living, it has to be like you and others. which it is not. although sggs mentions every possible means to become divine but let us be clear as kabeer writes if the light is burning then it can enlighten in the darkness, if it is not burning then it cannot enlighten. if you think the the light is burning in sggs then it should help to prove your point and guide you to divinity. your comments.
Gaganjeet wrote:There has been many instances where the Guru was desecrated inside a Gurudwara. One such incident there used to be tobacco on the Guru everyday and finally after a few days a fellow from a different cast was caught doing the BEADBI. Second- once in my presence a fellow came shouting, screaming with hair disheveled in the Gurudwara with his family. He took the slippers of the sangat and started eating them. It was clear either he was mentally disturbed or possessed. His father told me that the person inside him was a father-in-law who expired years back and said him to take to this Gurudwara where a saint had been living. He said that this saint can help him get rid of his sins and he can take another birth as a human. The saint were at a different place at that time. Suddenly he started barking like a dog and ran towards the place where there was SGGS’s parkash. His father screamed- stop him, he will throw SGGS on the floor. He had done the same in the Gurudwara at the village. There was a singh who was cleaning the main gate of the Parkash. The man screamed at the SINGH to get out of his way and moved forward to beat him. The sing stayed calm and gave a nice slap on the man’s face. Suddenly, that fellow got up and asked his father how did we come here, where is my turban. He had not eaten in two days and that day he went to the LANGAR and ate many rotis. The singh who slapped him was a Bihari Labour who had come to Punjab and after listening to the discourse of the saint of that ashram pleaded to take Amrit. His name was changed from Sadanand Kumar to Nand Singh.

Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Post by Gaganjeet »

The thought of limiting to spiritual growth is giving me peace. And Sggs showers blessing depending on the degree of faith. I think for non believers it will just be like another book. I may be wrong.