How can I do paath for my elderly parents, feeling down

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Princess-warr1or
New User

How can I do paath for my elderly parents, feeling down

Post by Princess-warr1or »

WJKK WJKKF

I am looking for advice from fellow gurmukhs on how to help my parents as they are really suffering.

As a background:
My father used to continuously do sukhmani sahib throughout his youth and was a true gurmukh. Recently suffered from a stroke after which he has lost all speech and cannot even speak/ barely move. My mother has gone through depression over the last few years as well and is detoriating, she was a kirtanee in her youth.

They are living with my sister in law who has basically left them in a room to diminish. They get food in their room but she doesn't let them leave the room. She made them sign paperwork for the house in which they live and is holding them prisoner. Her family are around everyday and although my father is beyond the stage whereby he can understand what they are saying, my mother is insulted by her family everyday as they laugh at her and say my parents are reaping the karam for mistreating her. This is untrue and she is using her youth as power to be greedy and get the property.

I am doing an akhand path for both of them. I pray to Guruji to give me the strength to help them get through this patch in their life but no matter how much paath I do at the moment seems to help.

I don't understand how doing so much sewa and path can still mean somebody faces so much grief in the end.

Please help me I am tired

WJKK WJKF
singhbj
Power User

Re: How can I do paath for my elderly parents, feeling down

Post by singhbj »

BLESSINGS SERVICE INSPIRED BY SIKH VALUES

If you require an Ardas prayer to be said for a relative you are worried about, someone in hospital, or for your own family’s wellbeing, please get in touch and request our service.

https://sikhblessings.com/
gurmail
Active Forum User

Re: How can I do paath for my elderly parents, feeling down

Post by gurmail »

Tell the authorities. Involve them.