URGENT HELP needed

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
amebb
New User

URGENT HELP needed

Post by amebb »

I need dome help and guidance please.

I have no one yo talk to to gain advice on thus matter. Within the last 3 years I have lost both parents and sadly, asking my uncles, aunties is a no.

I am the only child and I have 3 young children.

My wife and I have been together for over 18years and we have 3 young children.

About 8 to 12 weeks ago our lives were good. Then out if no where my wife said she no longer loves me. This was a big shock to me and really hurt.
My wife is on medication for her pain and has been on these meds for a long time.
Also, I know my wife is suffering from depression but does not take her meds.

My question is.... I want things to change for us to what they were like. I want to know which prayers can help me.

I dont want to goto other tricksters to sort my problems out I am putting my full faith in wahegurus hands.

Any help much much appreciated.

Thank you
bewal
New User

Re: URGENT HELP needed

Post by bewal »

you need help but professional help. You can do path and pray, while waheguru ji is sending someone suitable to help you sort out your problems. Be patient.
amebb
New User

Post by amebb »

Thank you for your response. Sadly, we can all be very impatient...

God bless
loveforsikhi
Active Forum User

Post by loveforsikhi »

amebb wrote:I need dome help and guidance please.

I have no one yo talk to to gain advice on thus matter. Within the last 3 years I have lost both parents and sadly, asking my uncles, aunties is a no.

I am the only child and I have 3 young children.

My wife and I have been together for over 18years and we have 3 young children.

About 8 to 12 weeks ago our lives were good. Then out if no where my wife said she no longer loves me. This was a big shock to me and really hurt.
My wife is on medication for her pain and has been on these meds for a long time.
Also, I know my wife is suffering from depression but does not take her meds.

My question is.... I want things to change for us to what they were like. I want to know which prayers can help me.

I dont want to goto other tricksters to sort my problems out I am putting my full faith in wahegurus hands.

Any help much much appreciated.

Thank you
Veerji, perhaps her lack of feeling love is related to a stage in life, side effect of medication, or from the underlying depression. Seeking professional help (seeing a doctor, counsellor) are important steps. In terms of paath, just remember that it is not an exchange – do this paath and you get this, or do that paath and something magical will occur. Paath is about changing ourselves internally, and that can change and shape our relationships positively as well, so just remember to have the right mindset about it. Gurbani has even more powers than we can ever imagine. But we have to have full faith. Look into Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam Mission, and Dukh Bhanjan Tera Naam Ji camps. They are both healing Gurbani camps that are run by doctors- so they are focused not on stopping medical treatments, but about using Gurbani to heal in addition to whatever is recommended by a doctor.

It is hard to understand what the depressed person is going through, but the brain’s chemicals and wiring is different and they don’t think in the same patterns. Doing the Gurbani with her or finding ways to do kirtan together, listen to kirtan together, or learn from kathas together may help you both. I know there are a lot of great online videos about depression and Sikhi on youtube from “Nanak Naam.”
gurmail
Active Forum User

Post by gurmail »

As others have stated your wife needs professional help. She doesn't take medication. This is where you can help her. Remind her, cajole her, ask her to take it as favour, turn it into a ritual that you and wife follow together. Maybe kids can help but try not to involve them too much. you don't want to make it look serious to the kids and have unintended effect on them. Turn it into a ritualistic game , for example. Implore her to take meds for sake of her kids. Kids are most important. If she doesn't recover them you on your own will not be able to give the best to your kids. Kids need both mom and dad. Otherwise they never attain their full potential. Do whatever works.

I would suggest not to immerse too much in prayer. You will lose focus from the problem at hand. Pray only enough to give you strength and wisdom to find ways to help your wife.