YouTube Channel for Sikh “Converts”

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Jasmine M
New User

YouTube Channel for Sikh “Converts”

Post by Jasmine M »

*Please excuse me if you have already seen this message somewhere else.*

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa. Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

A few months ago, I uploaded two videos to my personal Youtube channel for fun, thinking that not much would come from it. Then as time passed, I started to upload randomly here and there (again, for my own entertainment and not thinking much of it). But then I realized as time went on, how much people who were coming into Sikhi needed it. Because let's be real. The turnover rate for Sikhi is high. And just from talking to several people who have left, it's not necessarily because they don't believe in it anymore; it's because 1) there's no guidance like you would find in most the other world major religions and 2) the Sikh community can be a hell to deal with. Now, I can't do anything about number 2, but I knew I could do something about number 1. I had already been addressing number one just by using my blog. So before my Maymester course concluded, I had decided that I was going to establish an official channel during the beginning part of Summer (which for me started June 1st).

So after updating it and working on it for a few days, I have finally established the channel I have been working on on its own brand account. It has a new name (Embracing Sikhism), and it has an official logo. I would like to thank everyone who has supported me so far (whether it's with my channel, blog, book, etc.) and I just pray that good comes out of it.

For those who want to know what the purpose of my channel is, follow the link below

https://youtu.be/7-pSM1EEDao

Again, thanks for the support.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa. Waheguru ji ki Fateh.

~ Gurpreet Kaur

\~ Gurpreet Kaur

Re: YouTube Channel for Sikh “Converts”

Post by Guest »

Honey! This is a great idea. I actually spent a few hours reading your excellent blog several months ago, because it was the only firsthand account from a "convert" that I could find. You cover so many topics with such depth and candidness. It has been a great resource for me. As far as putting it all into practice, though, I'm at a standstill. I happen to live in Austin right now and have been so hesitant to visit the gurdwara out here, for fear of feeling like an intruder or looking like a complete fool. Anyway, I'm excited about your new channel! I know it will help so many people.
shivani92
New User

Post by shivani92 »

Thanks for the information
rajneeskumar
New User

Post by rajneeskumar »

thanks for sharing this information with us