Is Sikhi all about hairs?

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
JasbeerSingh
Active Forum User

Re: Is Sikhi all about hairs?

Post by JasbeerSingh »

Gaganjeet wrote:Yes, only akal purakh can help us. The 3ho already has its opponents/ nindaks and thinkers who are hell bent on saying that 3ho is not part of sikhi. Just type "sikhnet should apologise" and see the propaganda. Similar is the case for basics of sikhi. They are the recent targets for Bhai jagraaj sing visiting 3HO.
I used to listen to lot of basics of sikhi videos. but I was taken aback when in his talks and debates bhai Jagraj Singh said that all the religions have the truth but only Sikhism has the complete truth. That sounded astonishing. if Hinduism didn't had the truth Guru sahib would have not agreed to Kapil rishi's theory of three gun, turiya awastha, and many more things like -"bedh katebh kaho mat jhoothe, jhootha jo na bichaare", "simran bedh puraan pukaran pothiya naam bina sab kudh gaali hochiyan". Guru sahib here give the crux that 27 simratiya written by Mannu rishi ji, 4 Bedh written by Brahmaji, 18 Puraan written by Bedh Vyas ji and umpteen other literature say the same thing - ALL TALK BESIDE LORDS NAME ARE USELESS AND is LOW TALK.
So if we say other religions have only half truth, Namdeo ji and Baba Faridji would have never achieved complete truth. Infact their baani is Guru for the Sikhs today. It has been given the UPAADHI of Guru by Guruji himself.
To be honest here, I have stopped listening to the gyanis and kathavachaks. They have only one agenda how to tell Guru's stories but not the message of the Guru. Good to read your comments. It feels nice to have a companion who goes by VICHAAR and not blindly. A brahamgyani with whom I learned seva and love for Guru used to say - VICHAAR or inquisitiveness is the only thing that seperates us humans from other living things like animals, plants, etc. Through Vichaar only one realises what is truth and finds a way to achieve the truth. Rest very thing is the same- sleeping, eating, raising kids. They too feel pain and separation but don't have the complete VICHAAR shakti to find out the reason and rise above pain and pleasure.
So blessed are us who have the time to find a way out, or stay like this. Nirankaar akalpurakh can help us be true Sikhs
Dear Gagan,
You have a wonderful knowledge and deep insight to look at things from a neutral perspective. The sad part is in the bid to desperately show Sikhi a "Different" many Sikhs have started negating the basic principles so that it doesn't look like that Sikhism has borrowed from Hinduism. Well that is simply not the case because the reality is one and it is not different..."Aad sach, jugaad sach, hai bhi sach nanak hosi bhi sach" that same sach or truth was seen by Rishis and Guru Nanak hence it is so obvious that it will be similar as it is unchangeable.

Hence it makes me laugh at times also at the meagre understanding of so many people. It is my belief which has been said by many other people also that when we started thinking in true spiritual terms we transcend the religious boundaries. 3Ho and Bhai Jagraj have done an amazing work in spreading Guru's word through their own means and I was really happy to see them share stage.Many things even I have disagreed with BOS but at the same time we cannot discard his achievement of awakening the interest in laymen regarding Sikhi. 3ho did this work beautifully and all non-indian origin sikhs I have come across in my life have been associated in same way or the other to this org. Such groups can be of tremendous help in bringing revolutionary thinking and can help in moving in new direction without being detached from Gurbani and can help in removing this notion that 'Sikhi is not just about Hairs'
Gaganjeet
Active Forum User

Post by Gaganjeet »

Yes, 3HO and Basics of sikhi have done tremendous contribution to sikhi. Most of the sikh Dharma we see in US, Chile and many other countries is because of the hard work of 3HO. their academy in Punjab is just incredible for instilling spiritual values. Similar is the case with BOS. Agree, that our leaders and gyanis are just focussed on proving why sikhi is different and they are creating a mess out of it. I even started new topic some time back - Giani's doing harm to Sikhism. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11908
JasbeerSingh
Active Forum User

Post by JasbeerSingh »

Gaganjeet wrote:Yes, 3HO and Basics of sikhi have done tremendous contribution to sikhi. Most of the sikh Dharma we see in US, Chile and many other countries is because of the hard work of 3HO. their academy in Punjab is just incredible for instilling spiritual values. Similar is the case with BOS. Agree, that our leaders and gyanis are just focussed on proving why sikhi is different and they are creating a mess out of it. I even started new topic some time back - Giani's doing harm to Sikhism. viewtopic.php?f=2&t=11908
Absolutely true Gaganjeet,
The gist what I can make out from many posts, comments, counter-comments is that, it is the most difficult part to give a convincing reply when it comes to keeping hairs in Sikhi. It's a matter of fact that there is a huge difference in the code of conduct prescribed to the Sikhs by great noble Gurus and the ones being followed. We as any other human being and community have modified code of conduct as per our convenience by sticking to some (like hairs) and leaving some (like Surnames). But the fact of matter is Sikhi goes much beyond than just external symbolism. What I feel that there is a need to address such issues which arise confusions in those people's mind who are attracted to Sikhi but due to rigorous rehat (in 21st century when we have electronic trimmers and razors, and when whole World keeps shaved face and head, keeping hairs becomes socially rigorous so to cover up we come up with silly ideas of applying gels and fixers just to look good). Thanks a lot for the link, I will definitely go through it and try to give my feedback

Post by Guest »

Hi,

If you have time, just watch this you will get your answers. Its about Islam, but I think person of every religion should watch and understand this.

It is a clip from a movie - Khuda ke liye

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/3J580157c85e01d

Hair/Beard is not the religion its a part of religion. Keeping hair is not a starting point to show your love to GOD, it is the peak of your Love. when you reach at the peak, you want to be like your beloved GOD. All that matter is the "Love" towards GOD

Thanks
JasbeerSingh
Active Forum User

Post by JasbeerSingh »

Mani Kaur wrote:Hi,

If you have time, just watch this you will get your answers. Its about Islam, but I think person of every religion should watch and understand this.

It is a clip from a movie - Khuda ke liye

http://ytcropper.com/cropped/3J580157c85e01d

Hair/Beard is not the religion its a part of religion. Keeping hair is not a starting point to show your love to GOD, it is the peak of your Love. when you reach at the peak, you want to be like your beloved GOD. All that matter is the "Love" towards GOD

Thanks
True Mani Kaurji
Even I have the same view. The point is you must be filled with love for God, as Guru Gobind Singhji puts it "Jin prem kiyo ten hi prabh paayo".. Once you receive that divine Grace out of intense love and yearning for god, you will not bother about external appearance, that divine love cannot be understood by us ordinary Human beings. But the problem is when we start imposing this rule quoting it as a part of Hukam by Guru Gobind Singhji and denounce the people who don't keep hairs. While we conveniently ignore so many hukams and mould it as per our convenience quoting Modernisation of society. That's hypocrisy as per me, a typical example of cherry picking. Thanks for sharing the link, I have watched this movie many times and again it was good to watch specific portion that indeed concerns us Sikhs also.