Can't even find a true sikh girl to get married,Disappointed

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
ranjodh2008
New User

Can't even find a true sikh girl to get married,Disappointed

Post by ranjodh2008 »

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know where to begin, I've been looking for an Amritdhari or a Sikh girl who follows sikhism for quite a while now. I have my mum and a younger brother in my family and we were raised in a very religious manner and I followed whatever I was told is have to be followed in sikhism. Well, I finished my year 12 in India and went to Australia straight after in 2009, and did Enrolled Nursing here. So after I was finished with my studies I thought now is the right time to get married and I asked my mum to look up for a girl who is into sikhism, she tried but as she doesn't have a big social circle she wasn't successful anyway I turned to the online search from Shaadi.com and sikhmatrimony.com and few other sites, I started searching profiles from India and just after few weeks of extensive search I was left disappointed that most of the girls who belongs to Sikh families wants a clean shaved guy, anyway I turned my search to western countries like America, Canada, UK and Australia.I found few profiles in America and Canada but their partner preference were only limited to the guys who grew up in Canada and America, so I was again out of the scene. So again I turned my search to where I am living now (Australia) there were not many profiles who were gursikh but still tried to contact those few but again the same problem they want someone who is born and brought up in Australia, I don't seem to understand why Gursikh families living in west don't want a guy who was born in India, why they only see my citizenship, why they don't want to see that I'm a Gursikh and carry those values. I feel like I don't belong anywhere I feel very disappointed that I've been looking for a Gursikh girl in whole world but can't find any, I was once turning away from my faith but my Guru didn't let me go and restored my faith in him and stronger than ever, the only reason I'm looking for a gursikh partner is that If I ever started to lose my faith again there should be someone who is strong towards their belief and help me to stay strong in my faith as our Ardas states "SIKHI kesa swasa nal nibhauni." It's not that I don't look good or anything, I'm a smart gursikh with very good outlook. Well for now I'm kinda disappointed from Punjab that Sikh girls prefer a clean shaved guy specially jatt families and then Gursikh families from west only want guys who are born and brought up in western countries. I know there are many guys who are in between and have a feeling that we don't belong anywhere. Anyway that's what I have experienced and thought I should share with our community.
Thanks for reading.
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh
ADS
Active Forum User

Re: Can't even find a true sikh girl to get married,Disappoi

Post by ADS »

Be hopeful bro. I think be practical in your approach. Right now you have confined your circle for gursikh girls, which like drop in the ocean. You need to expand your search from GurSikh Girls to GIRLS (any cast/religion), and teach them baani, to spread Sikhism.

Your life has an important example for you. You went to Australia for study, i.e. you expanded your limits from Punjab to Global. Realize that success and Implement this in similar way. I don't understand that when it comes to marriage why we create boundaries of religions and casts. Never ever Guru would have like such practices.
stylish
New User

Post by stylish »

Hi I can share with your disappointment because I'm looking for a suitable boy for my daughter and it's becoming very difficult. Religion aside I think that you have to understand that there are cultural differences between being brought up in one country to that of another. There is a big difference.
I do agree that the pool of suitable girls / boys is sometimes very small but it's not easy just to look for A Boy or A Girl if you are an amridhari. I mean it just wouldn't work for an amritdhari to try a match up with a non vegetarian to teach them bani and spread the word, it's just a non starter.
Maybe relax your requirements a bit ie doesn't have to be amritdhari but must be vegetarian, non alcoholic etc

Good luck
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

I know a girl, who at present is working in Canada. she has masters from india and from Canada as well. she is not an immigrant in Canada. she is 5.ft 2 inches, got is ball from Amritsar district but lives in Ludhiana, sikh girl wants to marry a sikh boy .. she is not amritdhari. if u are interested send me a message I will pass it on to her and see if it works
my e mail [email protected]
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

ranjodh2008 wrote:Waheguru Ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know where to begin, I've been looking for an Amritdhari or a Sikh girl who follows sikhism for quite a while now. I have my mum and a younger brother in my family and we were raised in a very religious manner and I followed whatever I was told is have to be followed in sikhism. Well, I finished my year 12 in India and went to Australia straight after in 2009, and did Enrolled Nursing here. So after I was finished with my studies I thought now is the right time to get married and I asked my mum to look up for a girl who is into sikhism, she tried but as she doesn't have a big social circle she wasn't successful anyway I turned to the online search from Shaadi.com and sikhmatrimony.com and few other sites, I started searching profiles from India and just after few weeks of extensive search I was left disappointed that most of the girls who belongs to Sikh families wants a clean shaved guy, anyway I turned my search to western countries like America, Canada, UK and Australia.I found few profiles in America and Canada but their partner preference were only limited to the guys who grew up in Canada and America, so I was again out of the scene. So again I turned my search to where I am living now (Australia) there were not many profiles who were gursikh but still tried to contact those few but again the same problem they want someone who is born and brought up in Australia, I don't seem to understand why Gursikh families living in west don't want a guy who was born in India, why they only see my citizenship, why they don't want to see that I'm a Gursikh and carry those values. I feel like I don't belong anywhere I feel very disappointed that I've been looking for a Gursikh girl in whole world but can't find any, I was once turning away from my faith but my Guru didn't let me go and restored my faith in him and stronger than ever, the only reason I'm looking for a gursikh partner is that If I ever started to lose my faith again there should be someone who is strong towards their belief and help me to stay strong in my faith as our Ardas states "SIKHI kesa swasa nal nibhauni." It's not that I don't look good or anything, I'm a smart gursikh with very good outlook. Well for now I'm kinda disappointed from Punjab that Sikh girls prefer a clean shaved guy specially jatt families and then Gursikh families from west only want guys who are born and brought up in western countries. I know there are many guys who are in between and have a feeling that we don't belong anywhere. Anyway that's what I have experienced and thought I should share with our community.
Thanks for reading.
Waheguru Ji ka Khalsa
Waheguru Ji ki Fateh
In the light of prevailing circumstances all around the world and less inclination of the people towards organised religions and their doctrines, it will be better for a deeply religious human being to not to get married. I think it is not against Sikhism to not to get married. I wish you all the best.
ranjodh2008
New User

Post by ranjodh2008 »

Yes Romesh Kumar, I'm feeling, I shouldn't get married but then again getting married is a must thing for Sikhs. It's just I'm disappointed and don't want to continue my search anymore.
VeeruS
Power User

Post by VeeruS »

If a true Sikh is an Amritdhari girl, then I do see a lot of them here in California.
ranjodh2008
New User

Post by ranjodh2008 »

VeeruS wrote:If a true Sikh is an Amritdhari girl, then I do see a lot of them here in California.
But the problem is they all want their life partner to to be born and brought up in US, or the left requirement is he should be living in California.
singhbj
Power User

Post by singhbj »

Here are some practical options -

Get your PR, go back to India and marry an Amritdhari girl.

Look & marry a widow Australian Amritdhari.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

ranjodh2008 wrote:Yes Romesh Kumar, I'm feeling, I shouldn't get married but then again getting married is a must thing for Sikhs. It's just I'm disappointed and don't want to continue my search anymore.
Dear Ranjodh Singh, I can not see much problem or a real and actual complication in your case. Please look for a well cultured, educated and well mannered girl in a non-amritdhari but formal Sikh family. You can then inspire her to follow the Sikhi the way you like and deem fit. In general, Punjabi/Indian girls after marriage use to follow the way of life her husband does.
I wish you all the best in your life. Thanks.