Our Practices Contradict wit Guru's Teachings

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
ADS
Active Forum User

Our Practices Contradict wit Guru's Teachings

Post by ADS »

Na Koi Hindu, Na Koi Mussalmaan, Na Koi Sikh, Na Koi Isai....sab kudrat de han bandey, ek noor te sab jag upjya kaun bhaley kaun mandey....

I am belief we contradict with Guru's teachings when we practice a faith under a religion Tag? Can we live with religious tags and still serve the God, which our Gurus used to praise?

I am learner, any bhul chuk maaf karna jee...
Rab saareyaan da bhlaa krey.

Re: Our Practices Contradict wit Guru's Teachings

Post by Guest »

Exactly, I agree. We all practice castes, despite it being banned in Sikhi.. Hence a sad sitiaution for the panth

Post by Guest »

All religions come with a tag. If one just wants to worship, meditation or spirituality might be different from religion. I think competition between religions promotes more and more Orthodox beliefs. If one sees other religions care for their beliefs, they get emotional about their own. Castes are prohibited in Sikhism and ignorance might be causing them to still be practiced.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

All the religions of the world in general and organised/institutionalized ones in particular have been founded as an outcome of socio-politico-cultural circumstances of different times in different geographical regions. Therefore roots of the tags on all the religions are in the culture of the place of their founding. That is why it has not been possible or easy for any religion to fully come out of the clutches of culture. Thanks.

Post by Guest »

rjosan,
Absolutely this lame competition between Religions or organized communities with " I am the best" kind of a psyche is doing a great great harm to the essential spiritual beliefs of mankind. it results in Ego, bigotry which may result in mutual hate for each other. Gurbani revolves around loving all faiths as each faith teaches the same goal but unfortunately many Sikhs too start walking the same path of "our is the best' hence disregarding other faiths and beliefs. This is evident in many of the Sikhs' attitude towards Hinduism and Islam nowdays
ADS
Active Forum User

Post by ADS »

In my understanding, the true sikhs, as per Guru Nanak should be open to question and clarifications, openly accepting good practices in other faiths, no rituals, ever learning down to the earth attitude, helping each others, preserving nature and praising God every moment.

But we have confined ourselves with various ego boundaries, e.g. highly educated / less educates, wealthy / poor, khalsa / keshdhari/sehajdhari/naamdhari, male / female / both, political class / general etc. Whilst we tag ourselves as per above few above examples, we drifted away to recognize that we all are human.

My opening post was having alot of grammatical mistakes, what I wanted to know was, if it is possible to connect with God without religion? I believe Yes. Because that's what Guru Nanak has taught us. But then why do we need symbolic identity? Why should we not modify our ways as per modern societies? Why we fear that modernization would drag us away from God? Dosen't God want us to be modernized?
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

sikh religion is in the hands of jatts. there are two communities in the world that is pathans and sikh jatt. their philosophy is tha if guru or God listens to them first then they will worship him,
here is an example about jeeuna maud
jeeuna maud used hide and live in a bunker around Ropar. he was the worshiper of Naina devi which is close to Anandpur sahib
he would go and pray there. at the same time if he had any demand from the devi he will pray for.
but if his demand is not fulfilled, he would put a rope around the neck of the idol saying if you do not fulfill my request i will pull your neck with a rope and break it into pieces. than is how the jatts worship and follow the religon or sggs

Post by Guest »

'bains' are Jatts I guess, aren't you a jatt.. if u are then nice that u are self critical.
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

what does your mind say what i am?