Views of sikhism on Bhoot Praita's

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
Sahib Singh Sidhu
New User

Views of sikhism on Bhoot Praita's

Post by Sahib Singh Sidhu »

Hi,
I am devote Sikh and only believes in Guru Granth Sahib. I am in dilemma for the past 4 to 5 months, my wife is not keeping well and we have shown her to numerous doctors and got her fully checked. While nothing comes in the tests, she is still gets attacks on a regular interval, generally many times in a day.
I have been visiting different gurudawara's in hope of an early recovery but till now haven't seen anything positive.
People in life have started suggesting that she is being attacked by some bhoot praita's and we should visit some dehdhari gurus to take their blessings. Me and my wife don't believe in this, but the pressure is mounting.
My wife regularly does her nitname and is also a devotee sikh.
Can somebody shows us some light from Guru Granth Sahib on whether such things like bhoot praita are there or not and if yes how can we avoid them.
Thanks
Sat Shri Akaal!
swarn bains
Power User

Re: Views of sikhism on Bhoot Praita's

Post by swarn bains »

testing for bhoots is not required for any reason. going to gurdwara also will have the same affect. gurdwara also does not have any magic affect. it is some sort of sickness. so go to the doctors only. do not listen especially to those self styled gurus. they take advantage of your weakness and make u spend money, not only that in some case they even take away your wife. be careful, just go to the doctor. it is not a magic sooner or later the doctor is going to find out the cause of sickness and then the cure will take place.
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Post by Singh2000 »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Sahib Singh Ji,

By Baptized you establish committed relation with SGGS. Do ardaas, SGGS will help you. You don’t need to go here and there. Do not sacrifice your relation with guru by going to dehdhari guru when you are in problem. Accept his will although time is good or bad.

What I found in my experience, we do regular nitnem without any understanding what guru is saying. We know all gurbani and its meaning without any experience in our life just as knowledge. Due to this we are unable to establish relation with Guru and are in problems and worries.

ਸਰਬ ਰੋਗ ਕਾ ਅਉਖਦੁ ਨਾਮੁ ॥
सरब रोग का अउखदु नामु ॥
The Naam is the panacea, the remedy to cure all ills.

ਤੂ ਕਾਹੇ ਡੋਲਹਿ ਪ੍ਰਾਣੀਆ ਤੁਧੁ ਰਾਖੈਗਾ ਸਿਰਜਣਹਾਰੁ ॥
तू काहे डोलहि प्राणीआ तुधु राखैगा सिरजणहारु ॥
Why do you waver, O mortal being? The Creator Lord Himself shall protect you.

ਜਬ ਹਮ ਸਰਣਿ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਕੀ ਆਈ ਰਾਖੁ ਪ੍ਰਭੂ ਭਾਵੈ ਮਾਰਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥
जब हम सरणि प्रभू की आई राखु प्रभू भावै मारि ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥
Now that I have come seeking Your Sanctuary, God, please, either save me, or kill me. ||1||Pause||

In short, to rid off from all problems implement gurbani in your life and experience it. Start sahej path by reading SGGS with teeka every day for understanding and analyze your life for improvement. Slowly slowly Gurbani light will come in your life and all darkness and problems will go with Guru’s grace. God will help you as guide, as friend, as doctor, as medicine etc. Just get Guru's support.

God bless you.
Thanks!
scali
New User

Post by scali »

If you are in India try to attend camp or regular programs of Sarab rog ka aukhad naam mission Ludhiana, Punjab
gurunanakhealing.com
countless patients with many chronic illness have gotten better
Hope this helps
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

sarab rog ka aushadh naam is the biggest cheat on earth. they take the wording from guru Nanak's bani and they are trying to prove that his mission was false. beware of this kind of cultish gurus.
Maverick
New User

Post by Maverick »

What blessings do these dehdhari gurus have to give? If anything they are a curse. Do not go to them. They are frauds, who pervert the very basis of Sikhism with their deceit. There is also no such thing as evil ghosts, why would an all powerful god allow for them. I don't really understand how much pressure you can be facing. People are telling you to go to the dehdari gurus, it isn't like their holding you at gun point. I guess you have to ask yourself whats more important appeasing people or being devoted to your faith and god. Just ignore them, who cares about their nonsensical talk.

It is obvious that you and your wife are very religiously devout people, but there are no such thing as spiritual ailments, which manifest as physical sickness. I also don't see the need to visit many Gurdwaras. In my view whether you visit 20 or the same one 20 times it makes no difference in the eyes of god.

You didn't really describe your wife's sickness, but I (respectfully) suspect that your wife is probably facing some kind of mental or behavioural ailment. That is why the test are all negative. Her pain may be incorrectly perceived by her mind or perhaps she is seeking attention. I don't mean to call her a liar, but it is a common issue. Google "factitious disorder". Try seeing a psychologist. Also make sure you record her episodes and share this info with her doctors.

There is no magical reason or evil ghosts causing this problem. While it is important to remain devout, god has led us to the knowledge of medicine. We should make use of this gift. The problem is rooted in something physiological, and we must use a physiological cure, while continuing to ask the one true god for help.
scali
New User

Post by scali »

swarn bains wrote:sarab rog ka aushadh naam is the biggest cheat on earth. they take the wording from guru Nanak's bani and they are trying to prove that his mission was false. beware of this kind of cultish gurus.
The mission does paath along with patients from bani in presence of Guru Granth Sahib. Thousands of patients have gotten betten with medical results and imaging scans to show that. If anything it proves the point that Sarab Rog Ka Aukhad Naam.
If anything I would be beware of people on this discussion group trying to create doubt in other honest and sincere Sikh believers.
Maverick
New User

Post by Maverick »

Scali: Please explain how they got better. How does doing Phaat change a sickness inside of you? Please give a reasonable explanation. Furthermore, I would like to see evidence of these supposed thousands of people who have gotten better. They are probably uneducated, desperate people influenced by a placebo affect, if they even exist.
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

body has a built in mechanism to cure itself. seventy five percent of the cure is done by the body itself. twenty percent is done by the medicine they receive. five percent is done by positive thinking or sarab rog ka aukhadh naam. most of the time the body cures itself but some times it coincides with the shabad these guys sing and they get the credit. positive thinking does help but only up to five percent. but not to the extent these guys claim. i have attended their seminar. they do not have any thing to offer except they sing shabads, which you can sing yourself.
Harbhajan S. Sangha
Power User

Post by Harbhajan S. Sangha »

Ghosts, Angels...are they Real?

https://youtu.be/A22m9QzCEEs
With Divine Love & Blessings of Waheguru Ji, may you all enjoy: peace, unconditional love, light (enlightenment), health, happiness & prosperity in life !