Future of Sikhi and khalsa Panth

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi
AS Khalsa
Power User

Re: Future of Sikhi and khalsa Panth

Post by AS Khalsa »

Hi, the above link speaks of it but I would suggest for u to read the entire section about Kalki avtar: http://searchgurbani.com/dasam_granth/page/1135
Guru Gobind Singh Ji's use of Hindu myths and the tales of the exploits of Hindu deities in Sri Dasam Granth Sahib are purely metaphorical. Chandi Di Vaar, Krishan Avtaar etc are meant to impart moral lessons, and were used by Guru Sahib because they were the only stories with which most people had a familiarity. It may be likened to the sermons of Martin Luther King, who used Biblical stories to illustrate his arguments for civil rights, because the Bible was the only book he could be sure most of his audience had read. Guru Sahib's account of the end of Kaljug in Kalki Avtar is, similarly, nothing new. Hindus have been making the very same statements for years. He is, as before, simply using Hindu mythology [which has become synonymous with the folklore of the common folk all across India] to illustrate a point.

And anyway, morality hasn't decreased as time has gone on, if anything it has increased. Women's rights have become infinitely more established. Imperialism and conquest have practically vanished. The number of wars has drastically decreased and the nature of was has also changed. Think of the old times when common folk were forcibly conscripted and used as cannon fodder. Democracy is spreading and people are becoming truly equal. The freedom of speech and belief has found its foothold in the West, nobody is being burned at the stake for being a free thinker. The death penalty and torture are being phased out. LGBT rights is experiencing a comparitive golden age. How can anyone possibly believe the world was a better place in the past than it is now? All predictions of an imminent divine apocalypse are, in my opinion, wrong.

Gurbani does actually speak of how the world was created, of the Primal void etc

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Guru ... e_Universe
Even atheists acknowledge that before the creation of the universe there was some void, pure nothingness. It is the only logical proposition. And it goes without saying that God created everything. In other words, what little Sikhi has to say about creation, are things that would occur to any right thinking person in the first place. What Sikhi doesn't do however, and this is what distinguishes it from all other religions in this respect, is go past these obvious generalizations, and concoct creation myths. I found nothing of this nature in the link you sent me. It doesn't say, this is exactly how the world was created, i.e. the Garden of Eden story in the Book of Genesis. It doesn't say that Brahma emerged from the Belly of Vishnu, as the Hindus believe, and then set about creating the world. This is what I meant when I said Sikhi doesn't describe creation, you appear to have misunderstood my point. All Gurbani does is state the obvious, ie. in the beginning there was no day, no moons, no stars. Of course there weren't, this shouldn't come as a revelation to people.
scali
New User

Post by scali »

Per Baba Nand Singh Nanaksar who passed on in 1943. During his discourse he said those people who want freedom from British right now will regret because the coming time these Hindus will dilute Sikhism. He stated Master Tara Singh along Mahatma Gandhi will lead Sikhs to slavery. He said he doesn't consider this Gandhi as A Mahatma since he has no qualities of a Mahatma. He later said a certain person will come and restore Sikhi to the prime. The flag on Guru Nanak will fly throughout the world. Gurmukhi alphabet will be supreme.
Truth1
New User

Post by Truth1 »

HI,

Ok, the thing is that the Gods and Goddesses did and still do exist. Gurbani says the heavens are full of them.

Guru Gobind Singh also wrotes that he narrates Whatever He has Seen- whatever God has Shown him in Dasam Granth Ji when decsribing the Avtars. His descriptions of the avtars also differ from descriptions in the vedas. Google it.

Your words in your post sounded so assured, but Gurbani is Highest and Always reigns supreme n no mortal human can Ever Override that. Scholars have tried over the yrs for centuries and have Always failed. Theres no room for worldy logic in gurbani- it is Truly Beyond Logic.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

scali wrote:Per Baba Nand Singh Nanaksar who passed on in 1943. During his discourse he said those people who want freedom from British right now will regret because the coming time these Hindus will dilute Sikhism. He stated Master Tara Singh along Mahatma Gandhi will lead Sikhs to slavery. He said he doesn't consider this Gandhi as A Mahatma since he has no qualities of a Mahatma. He later said a certain person will come and restore Sikhi to the prime. The flag on Guru Nanak will fly throughout the world. Gurmukhi alphabet will be supreme.
I do not know who said that but whoever said so has proved to be absolutely wrong.
Thanks
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

Truth1 wrote: Ok, the thing is that the Gods and Goddesses did and still do exist. Gurbani says the heavens are full of them.

Guru Gobind Singh also wrotes that he narrates Whatever He has Seen- whatever God has Shown him in Dasam Granth Ji when decsribing the Avtars. His descriptions of the avtars also differ from descriptions in the vedas. Google it.

Your words in your post sounded so assured, but Gurbani is Highest and Always reigns supreme n no mortal human can Ever Override that. Scholars have tried over the yrs for centuries and have Always failed. Theres no room for worldy logic in gurbani- it is Truly Beyond Logic.
In my opinion which I strongly believe in, all Gods and Goddesses in scriptures are mythical, metaphoric and symbolic. I do not believe that they existed in flesh and bones. All the characters of ancient Indian epics are mythical with a purpose to make common people read, listen to and understand.
Thanks.
scali
New User

Post by scali »

Romesh Kumar wrote:
scali wrote:Per Baba Nand Singh Nanaksar who passed on in 1943. During his discourse he said those people who want freedom from British right now will regret because the coming time these Hindus will dilute Sikhism. He stated Master Tara Singh along Mahatma Gandhi will lead Sikhs to slavery. He said he doesn't consider this Gandhi as A Mahatma since he has no qualities of a Mahatma. He later said a certain person will come and restore Sikhi to the prime. The flag on Guru Nanak will fly throughout the world. Gurmukhi alphabet will be supreme.
I do not know who said that but whoever said so has proved to be absolutely wrong.
Thanks
I know truth hurts. All you have to do is look at Indian policies so far responsible for current state of Sikhs. But as Gurbani says"Sadh Bachan Atladha" Whatever a pooran sant says is true. The words I said in my post are from Biography of Sant Baba Nand Singh written by Gurmukh singh Ragi of Baba Nand Singh and son of his Hazoori sevadar Bhai Uttam SIngh. The biography is 5 vols about 4000 pages.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

scali wrote:I know truth hurts. All you have to do is look at Indian policies so far responsible for current state of Sikhs. But as Gurbani says"Sadh Bachan Atladha" Whatever a pooran sant says is true. The words I said in my post are from Biography of Sant Baba Nand Singh written by Gurmukh singh Ragi of Baba Nand Singh and son of his Hazoori sevadar Bhai Uttam SIngh. The biography is 5 vols about 4000 pages.
Romesh Kumar wrote:I do not know who said that but whoever said so has proved to be absolutely wrong.
Thanks
You as an individual or some like minded individuals believe that contents of Biography of Sant Baba Nand Singh written by Gurmukh singh Ragi of Baba Nand Singh and son of his Hazoori sevadar Bhai Uttam SIngh are believable or 100% true, but some people may opine otherwise based on their experience and perspective.
scali wrote:All you have to do is look at Indian policies so far responsible for current state of Sikhs
I have looked a lot at it from pre to post independence era and am of the opinion that;
Sikhs themselves are Indians and have been part of policy making before and after independence of India. There is no point in, and use of covering own shortcomings with those of others on part of all parties. It leads to shortcomings getting mixed and piled up thereby compounding the issue.
Thanks
scali
New User

Post by scali »

Yes Sikhs like Master Tara Sing. I think in USA there was a slave term called uncle tom negro. With the famous saying if the master was sick the slave said " boss we sick". The denial justice to thousands of murderd sikhs in delhi riots and eliminate an entire generation of Sikh youth in fake encounters in fake mask of democracy. To a real Sikh prophecy of Baba Nand Singh is music to their ears and to ill wishers bad news.
AS Khalsa
Power User

Post by AS Khalsa »

This is not a prophecy. It is a prediction that was made based on current information that Baba Ji possessed. Why do you insist on conferring the weight of divine providence on something quite mundane and ordinary? I also do not like this idea that some kind of messiah shall come along to restore Sikhi in the future. The responsibility for restoring Sikhi rests with US, with Panth Khalsa, alone. We should not absolve ourselves of our duty in anticipation of a savior who will never come.

[Moderator edited off topic comments]
scali
New User

Post by scali »

GOD is timeless. All things exist in now. There is no past, present or future. Its all NOW. Linear time i.e sequential time past, present future exist on physical planes. I could go in more detail but that would be off topic . Guru and their true saints see it all NOW. I think you may benefit from reading Baba Nand Singh Biography called "Anand Chamatkar