Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale wikipedia page

Discussions on various aspects of Sikhi

Sant Jarnail Singh Ji Bhindrawale wikipedia page

Postby asingh238 » Fri Nov 08, 2019 6:38 pm

Sat Sri Akal!

I just came across the wikipedia page about Sant Bhindrawale and realized that most of the information is biased and does not portray his true character. I'm reaching out to those who are aware of his true personality and would be willing (or provide me with the sources) to edit the wikipedia page so that it reflects unbiased and accurate information about Sant Ji. I'm not unsure whether this has just remained unnoticed until now or someone has attempted to edit the page. If latter is the case, please let me know who has or is currently working on it.

So please reach out if you are willing to contribute in making edits.

Please read through it yourself. Here are just few examples of inaccurate and biased information written on the page-

1.The growth of Bhindranwale was not solely by his own efforts.[6] In the late 1970s Indira Gandhi's Congress party supported Bhindranwale in a bid to split the Sikh votes and weaken the Akali Dal, its chief rival in Punjab.[8] Congress supported the candidates backed by Bhindranwale in the 1978 SGPC elections. The Congress leader Giani Zail Singh allegedly financed the initial meetings of the separatist organisation Dal Khalsa.[8][9] In the 1980 election, Bhindranwale supported Congress candidates. Bhindranwale was originally not very influential, but the activities of Congress elevated him to the status of a major leader by the early 1980s.[8]

2. Bhindranwale was responsible for launching Sikh militancy during the 1980s.[10] Bhindranwale also increased the level of rhetoric on the perceived "assault" on Sikh values by the Hindu community.[10]

3. Bhindranwale propagated and practised hate thorough the orthodox Sikh tenets for six years. He used "Amrit Prachar", which is the propagation of the tenets of the Sikh faith and mixed radical fundamentalism with incitement to violence.[25]

4. Since the early 1980s, Bhindranwale was supported by Pakistan's ISI on his radical separatist stand, plans and operations.[51][52] Bhindranwale had started the efforts for his demand in 1982, and by mid-1983 had managed to gain support for his plan to divide India.[52] ISI created a Punjab cell in the ISI headquarters to support and help him in spreading militancy in the Indian Punjab state. The arms and ammunition used by his group were provided by ISI. Terrorist training camps were set up in Karachi and Lahore to train the young Sikhs.[51][53] Counter Intelligence wing of the Indian agencies had reported that three prominent heads of the Khalistan movement Shabeg Singh, Balbir Singh and Amrik Singh had made at least six trips each to Pakistan between the years 1981 and 1983.[51]
asingh238
New User

Return to Sikhi Discussion