WHO COMPOSE AARTI

Discussion of music, Gurbani, Raag and more. Musicians, Ragis and Jathas can network here
missnewyork
New User

WHO COMPOSE AARTI

Post by missnewyork »

WAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA WAHEGURU JI KI FATEH,

Can anyone tell me who composed Aarti? And do we need to get another gutka sahib for Aarti since i could locate it on the regular gutka sahib? Please advise. Thanks.

Best,
Kaur
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMTC172ylA

Absolutely wonderful poem :)
swarn bains
Power User

Re: WHO COMPOSE AARTI

Post by swarn bains »

arti is composed by many writers in sggs. it is sung every day at Harmindir sahib and many other places. but if you are looking for gagan me thaal ravi chand deepak bane. it is composed by baba Nanak first on page 13 and then again in raag dhanasree
missnewyork
New User

Re: WHO COMPOSED AARTI?

Post by missnewyork »

Yes i am looking for gagan mein thal rav chand one! thanks and I am unable to find it in the gutka sahib. Do you know where can i find it in order to read it on daily basis?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yMTC172ylA

Absolutely wonderful poem :)
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Post by Singh2000 »

waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

You can find Arti "gagan me thaal ravi chand deepak bane" in Keertan Sohila.

Thanks!

Post by Guest »

I was thinking about the Aarti recently and how there is mention of sky, stars, wind, sun, moon and other forces in Aarti just like there is mention of other planets in Japji Sahib. In that sense it is scientific if we pay attention. Like when we were small, we just recite Gurbani without understanding, then we might start understanding but don't understand the significance of it in daily life. Like we read about stars and calculate speed of light in physics and might pray in morning and the stars mentioned in prayer are different from the stars mentioned in physics. What are the views of other people on this topic?

Post by Guest »

Truly beautiful song something i could listen every morning with ease. The meanings in the song are heart touching