Why doesn't khalsa protect the weak in war torn countries

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Moderator: loveleen

Why doesn't khalsa protect the weak in war torn countries

Postby khalsawannabe » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

I've always wondered that if Khalsa was created by Wahiguru to protect the weak and the poor and especially women then why doesn't the Khalsa protect the poor, weak (and women) in war torn african countries such as DRC Congo, Central African Republic and other dangerous countries?

Are we sikhs only Khalsa in name? and in clothes such as the Kirpan? Why did the so called warriors hide underneath tables and in cupboards when the US massacre took place? The christian police officer was braver then the so called khalsa warriors!

In Congo a soldier has admitted to raping 53 women in a few days so why don't the Khalsa take up the arms to protect these poor defenceless people???

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/ap ... g8-soldier

I'm an amritdari sikh myself so please do not get offended by my question.
khalsawannabe
New User

Re: Why doesn't khalsa protect the weak in war torn countrie

Postby singhbj » Sun Apr 14, 2013 4:19 am

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Spirit of Khalsa is about Self Empowerment.

Life is Do-it-yourself project.

ਆਪਣ ਹਥੀ ਆਪਣਾ ਆਪੇ ਹੀ ਕਾਜੁ ਸਵਾਰੀਐ ॥੨੦॥

Aapan Hathhee Aapanaa Aapae Hee Kaaj Savaareeai ||20||

आपण हथी आपणा आपे ही काजु सवारीऐ ॥२०॥

With our own hands, let us resolve our own affairs. ||20||

(SGGS jeeo - Ang 474, Line 3 Raag Asa: Guru Nanak Dev ji)

The names of the Punj Piyaras ‘Five Beloved’ reflect important qualities, which can make us Pure (Khalsa).

These names and qualities are:

1. Bhai Daya Singh ji - Compassion and Sympathy.

2. Bhai Dharam Singh ji - Truth and Discipline.

3. Bhai Himmat Singh ji - Strength and Courage.

4. Bhai Mohkam Singh ji - Discipline, Determination and Fortitude.

5. Bhai Saheb Singh ji - Royalty and Nobleness.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
singhbj
Power User

Postby khalsawannabe » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:44 am

Fateh Ji SinghHBJ....Thank you for trying to answer my question I really appreciate it.

Although I'm not really happy with the answer because when we look at the Sikh history on how people like Sarder Hari Singh Nalwu spent their life helping the people who were suffering, women who were kidnapped to be sold into sexual slavery then it just makes me wonder why don't these radical sikhs do anything to help the poor in war torn countries.

Today Sikhs keep talking about their history on how wonderful and rosy it is but the MAIN question is WHAT ARE SIKHS DOING TODAY? OR WHAT HAVE THE SIKHS DONE TO BRAG ABOUT IN THIS DAY AND AGE?? Apart from the multi million pound (and dollar) buildings.

All I can say is its Wahiguru Ji's hukam! All this suffering around the world including the suffering of sikhs in India and Davinderpal Singh Bhullar and Balwant Singh Rajoana its all Wahiguru Ji's hukam.

"hukmai andar sabh ko baahar hukam na ko-ay. Everyone in Within Your Command, None is outside His Order."
khalsawannabe
New User

Postby singhbj » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:47 am

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Your post reminds me of a scene from Bollywood movie.

A woman chased by bad guys comes to the hero running, asking for help.

Hero says even if I protect you today what will happen tomorrow.

So take this Rod and protect yourself.

Now that is women empowerment.

Moral - Be logical and Stop depending on others.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
singhbj
Power User

Postby just_sikh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:43 pm

There have been so many cases of policeman (most of them are Sikh) assaulting women in Punjab. There is no Khalsa protecting them. If there is Sikh marrying a non Sikh then these very Khalsa's will come and harass poor family in Gurdwara. Even Akal Takht does not come and condemn these Sikhs. Latest incident happened in Tarn Taran where sikh policemen beat a women in public.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K20qLe3MDi4
We fight every day for our right to carry our Kirpan but has it become just a symbol.

I am not condemning Amritdhari SIkhs, I have lot of respect and regards for these Singhs. I think we have to step up and be the protector of the meeks instead being a Rehat Maryada police.

Satnam
See the brotherhood of all mankind as the highest order of Yogis; conquer your own mind, and conquer the world.
just_sikh
Active Forum User

Postby Serjinder Singh » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:28 pm

"These names and qualities are:

1. Bhai Daya Singh ji - Compassion and Sympathy.

2. Bhai Dharam Singh ji - Truth and Discipline.

3. Bhai Himmat Singh ji - Strength and Courage.

4. Bhai Mohkam Singh ji - Discipline, Determination and Fortitude.

5. Bhai Saheb Singh ji - Royalty and Nobleness
."

These names are just incidental. We shouldn't give these as an argument for the good qualities of Sikhs. Most names given to children in history and even these days are the result of the wishes of the parents what they wish their newborns to be like in later life. Unfortunately, a Sikh with a good name can equally turn out to be evil.

Humbly
Serjinder Singh
Serjinder Singh
Power User

Postby khalsawannabe » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:50 am

I 100% agree with Just_Sikh because we (punjabi) sikhs have mostly become the Rehat Maryada police rather then the protectors of the poor and the week. This is why we Sikhs are suffering so many problems in Punjab with all the different babas and groups such as the Shiv Sena that are attacking us and our shabad guru.

I personally cannot be bothered with punjabi sikhs no more because all they do is criticise each other and bully sikhs getting married to non sikhs in Gurdwaras. How do they think the message of our Gurus will reach the masses when they are attacking people who are interested in Sikhism.

Anyway I think the Kirpan has become just a SYMBOL or it can be used by Sikhs to bash each other up. BUT when a gunman walks into the Gurdwara then these so called warriors hide under tables and chairs.
khalsawannabe
New User

Postby suji singh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:56 pm

Khalsa means pure in the most general terms. Indeed, Khalsa protects by definition. Not all Sikhs are Khalsa.
suji singh
Power User

Return to Questions and Answers