Need advice. Confused about trimming.

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
sunny1567
New User

Need advice. Confused about trimming.

Post by sunny1567 »

I am someone who considers himself inclined to Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the teachings, and yet the urge to trim my beard is often there. I did trim a few times, and every time I feared that something will go wrong. I even linked instances to the trimming and then decided not to do it again. But again, being single, and then peer pressure, or the idea of being more attractive to few as per their norm of attractiveness, or may be not feeling very confident with the way my facial hair grow, I again develop this urge. Now, it is to such a extent that this dilemma consumes me a lot. Sometimes, I feel I should do it and get done with it, by then following whatever little I can do wholeheartedly without dilemmas. and on the other hand, I have my fears about doing it. I feel it is more out of apprehensions and fear that I keep beard than out of a deep desire. I wish I could have developed the love without fear, where I felt proud about the way I looked.
Also, I debate within, if we apply fixer and gels, we do not let ourselves in natural state anyways. And, as long as you don't wear caps, a turban with a trimmed beard, still identifies you as a sikh. I am not suggesting anything or putting down an opinions, these are just my dilemmas and I seek help, advise.