Adoption

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
Lucke Juin
New User

Adoption

Post by Lucke Juin »

Dear readers,
We are a childless couple and married for 12yrs. We have been having recurring miscarriages. The doctors could not find any reason and we are classified as unexplained loss of pregnancy. After all these years of frustration, we can't make up our mind to adopt. I have noticed that the western people adopt a lot and are less emotional? or attached or less selfish? I don't know but it has been very difficult to envision my life without our own child. Am I being selfish? What does our Gurbani say about adoption? We are now ready to try surrogacy at a great cost. Should we persue this option without going against the Will of God?
Please advise.
gurmail
Active Forum User

Re: Adoption

Post by gurmail »

First you have to sit down and think why you want a child. If you adopt, consider do you really want it? Will you be able to look at like your own biological child? Any doubts then it will affect the way you bring it up, how the child relates to you. Is it fair on the child if you have any doubts? It is not easy to bring up a child, think hard and think true. Also, it costs lot of money to bring up a child. Are you really that committed? If you have thought it through then why do you ask this question? I think you ask because you are not sure that you can be that committed. Maybe you only want it because it is something you don't have and idea of another possession is the main motivation. sorry to sound sop negative but yu need to be sure.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Re: Adoption

Post by Superstar »

You can try a good ayurvedic doctor who will help you with this issue. Gurbani isn't against adoption but your mind has to be fully into it.