Question on dasvand

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Question on dasvand

Postby Garjand » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:33 pm

My question is on dasvand. I firmly believe in taking out some portion of one's earning. I confused on how much to donate. I have been previously donating10% and sometimes more than this. But two years back I had quit my job due to medical reasons and have not been earning since then. Still I was fortunate enough to donate ocassionaly. But eventually I ran out of money. Now my financial condition is very bad and I'm in debt. I will be starting my new job next month, but I'm afraid I won't be able to return 10% of the share known as dasvand. Somewhere I heard a gyaani ji's Katha where he said clear your monthly expenses and then whatever is left give 10% of it as dasvand. Now with my bad financial situation, I'm confused on how much to donate.
Garjand
New User

Re: Question on dasvand

Postby pawandeep_sk » Sun Dec 29, 2019 9:48 pm

Hello brother

first of all dont feel bad on not able to give Daswand in past time.
Dasvand means 1/10 th of your honest earnings & 1/10 th of your time

what ever you earn in hand, you can donate 10% of it or more or less based on your financial situation
most important give 10% of your time atleast (2.4 hrs) daily either reading gurbani, doing sewa, some other community work or helping someone without expecting anyhting in return

Just my views

--
Pawan

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh
--
Regards
PawandeeP Singh
pawandeep_sk
New User

Return to Questions and Answers