TRANSLATION "Turia Turia ja Farida"

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
rbhutkar
New User

TRANSLATION "Turia Turia ja Farida"

Post by rbhutkar »

Respected Sir/Madam ji Namaskar,

Sat-Shree-Akal ji....

I am Rajesh Bhutkar from Pune, Maharashtra. Since last many years I have been listening to shabad. I wholeheartedly sing them at my home and allow my tears to flow out for shree Guru ji. I strongly believe that only shree Guru ji can guide us on the path towards almighty God.

I am post graduate engineer from Pune University. I have been doing research in quantum mechanics and Indian spirituality and have been published 4 research papers at international level. My first book on the fusion of science and spirituality will be shortly get published in the guidance of Padmashree Dr. Vijay Bhatkar Saheb ji. My second book on Nirgun-Bhajan of shree Guru Kabir Das Ji is in process.

I always struggle for getting detail meaning of Shabad in english or in hindi. I have been struggling for the hindi/english meaning of shabad "Turia Turia ja Farida", but I am not getting it anywhere. I humbly request you to please provide me the detail meaning of this shabad. I will be very thankful to you ji.

Vahe Guruji Ki Fateh, Vahe Guru ji ka khalsa...

God Bless You ji

Regards
Yours Sincerely
Rajesh Bhutkar
[email protected]
astralcrystal
New User

Re: TRANSLATION "Turia Turia ja Farida"

Post by astralcrystal »

Hi,

I hope you found the translation to Baba Farid's kalam. If not here is a link that might help. In fact I was looking for it today and I saw your request so would like to share with you - https://www.thesufi.com/sufimusic/nusra ... arida.html

All the best for your quest to walk on the path of great teachers and gurus who have made this world a beautiful place to be in.
Kurasu
New User

Post by Kurasu »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh

As I understand, 'Turia' translates to 'keep going' or 'carry on' or 'move forward'. Farid[a] is the individual's name.

So the looser translation is essentially a command (or request, or imploring) from the singer/writer, telling Guru Farid to continue, or to move forward.
Superstar
Active Forum User

Post by Superstar »

Rajesh Ji,

This is not 100% authentic stanza from Bhagat Fariid as it is not in Guru Granth Sahib Ji so we don't consider it to be Gurbani. It is possible that it may have been written after Bhagat Fariid left his body or before he attained Brahm Gyan. We stick to authentic hymns contained in Guru Granth Sahib Ji. Other material can be sung but it should not be considered equal to Gurbani.

The translation in the link above is not valid either as it skips a portion of the text.
Jasdeep Singh from Mohali
New User

Post by Jasdeep Singh from Mohali »

https://www.sikhitothemax.org/ang?source=G&ang=1379
here are saloks of Fareed ji in Guru Granth Sahib ji

Some of the lines are as follows:
In Guru Granth Sahib bani of Baba Fareed ji comes at 1377 pages and onto further pages.
You'll find more saloks of Baba Fareed ji that are not in songs. Very thought provoking and guiding.

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਜੇ ਤੂ ਅਕਲਿ ਲਤੀਫੁ ਕਾਲੇ ਲਿਖੁ ਨ ਲੇਖ ॥
fareedhaa je too akal lateef kaale likh na lekh ||
Fareed, if you have a keen understanding, then do not write black marks against anyone else.

ਆਪਨੜੇ ਗਿਰੀਵਾਨ ਮਹਿ ਸਿਰੁ ਨਂੀਵਾਂ ਕਰਿ ਦੇਖੁ ॥੬॥
aapanaRe gireevaan meh sir na(n)eevaa(n) kar dhekh ||6||
Look underneath your own collar instead. ||6||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਜੋ ਤੈ ਮਾਰਨਿ ਮੁਕੀਆਂ ਤਿਨੑਾ ਨ ਮਾਰੇ ਘੁੰਮਿ ॥
fareedhaa jo tai maaran mukeeaa(n) tin(h)aa na maare ghu(n)m ||
Fareed, do not turn around and strike those who strike you with their fists.

ਆਪਨੜੈ ਘਰਿ ਜਾਈਐ ਪੈਰ ਤਿਨੑਾ ਦੇ ਚੁੰਮਿ ॥੭॥
aapanaRai ghar jaieeaai pair tin(h)aa dhe chu(n)m ||7||
Kiss their feet, and return to your own home. ||7||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਖਾਕੁ ਨ ਨਿੰਦੀਐ ਖਾਕੂ ਜੇਡੁ ਨ ਕੋਇ ॥
fareedhaa khaak na ni(n)dheeaai khaakoo jedd na koi ||
Fareed, do not slander the dust; noting is as great as dust.

ਜੀਵਦਿਆ ਪੈਰਾ ਤਲੈ ਮੁਇਆ ਉਪਰਿ ਹੋਇ ॥੧੭॥
jeevadhiaa pairaa talai muiaa upar hoi ||17||
When we are alive, it is under our feet, and when we are dead, it is above us. ||17||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਰੋਟੀ ਮੇਰੀ ਕਾਠ ਕੀ ਲਾਵਣੁ ਮੇਰੀ ਭੁਖ ॥
fareedhaa roTee meree kaaTh kee laavan meree bhukh ||
Fareed, my bread is made of wood, and hunger is my appetizer.

ਜਿਨਾ ਖਾਧੀ ਚੋਪੜੀ ਘਣੇ ਸਹਨਿਗੇ ਦੁਖ ॥੨੮॥
jinaa khaadhee chopaRee ghane sahanige dhukh ||28||
Those who eat buttered bread, will suffer in terrible pain. ||28||

ਰੁਖੀ ਸੁਖੀ ਖਾਇ ਕੈ ਠੰਢਾ ਪਾਣੀ ਪੀਉ ॥
rukhee sukhee khai kai Tha(n)ddaa paanee peeau ||
Eat dry bread, and drink cold water.

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਦੇਖਿ ਪਰਾਈ ਚੋਪੜੀ ਨਾ ਤਰਸਾਏ ਜੀਉ ॥੨੯॥
fareedhaa dhekh paraiee chopaRee naa tarasaae jeeau ||29||
Fareed, if you see someone else's buttered bread, do not envy him for it. ||29||

ਬਿਰਹਾ ਬਿਰਹਾ ਆਖੀਐ ਬਿਰਹਾ ਤੂ ਸੁਲਤਾਨੁ ॥
birahaa birahaa aakheeaai birahaa too sulataan ||
Many talk of the pain and suffering of separation; O pain, you are the ruler of all.

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਜਿਤੁ ਤਨਿ ਬਿਰਹੁ ਨ ਊਪਜੈ ਸੋ ਤਨੁ ਜਾਣੁ ਮਸਾਨੁ ॥੩੬॥
fareedhaa jit tan birahu na uoopajai so tan jaan masaan ||36||
Fareed, that body, within which love of the Lord does not well up - look upon that body as a cremation ground. ||36||

ਫਰੀਦਾ ਕੋਠੇ ਮੰਡਪ ਮਾੜੀਆ ਏਤੁ ਨ ਲਾਏ ਚਿਤੁ ॥
fareedhaa koThe ma(n)ddap maaReeaa et na laae chit ||
Fareed, houses, mansions and balconies - do not attach your consciousness to these.

ਮਿਟੀ ਪਈ ਅਤੋਲਵੀ ਕੋਇ ਨ ਹੋਸੀ ਮਿਤੁ ॥੫੭॥
miTee piee atolavee koi na hosee mit ||57||
When these collapse into heaps of dust, none of them will be your friend. ||57||