Return to Pakistan

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.

Return to Pakistan

Post by Guest »

Hello everyone !

I am a journalist researching a story about Partition for a documentary project.
I was hoping to get in touch with a Sikh that came from Pakistan to India during partition and is now planning on going back to Pakistan. Are any of you in such a situation ? Or do you know anyone who is planning to return ?

Thank you for your help,
Best regards,

Eloise
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Re: Return to Pakistan

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

You mean planning to return for Good ?

I highly doubt you will come across any Sikh from partition era who is planning to return to Pakistan for good, it wouldnt make sense as
-Minorities are more marginalized and persecuted in pakistan
-Makes less economic sense to return back to Pakistan
-Most Hindu/Sikhs they knew would have moved to India as well (its like the rest or extended family is still living in Pakistan)
-By now they have already setup and lived most of their life in India Someone from Partition era mean the person is 70 atleast.

-Nihal
swarn bains
Power User

Re: Return to Pakistan

Post by swarn bains »

the man who is in charge of punjab book shop sector 22 in chandigarh came from pakistan and goes to pakistan many times. ask him about it last name is virk i do not know first name. I know some more people but they did not go back to pakistan