Ardaas for a baby boy

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
Dr.Kaur
Active Forum User

Ardaas for a baby boy

Post by Dr.Kaur »

SSA ,
Can anyone from sangat suggest gurbani kirtan/ paath that is done during pregnancy for having a baby boy? And how , when to do that paath.
Thanks in advance :)

Re: Ardaas for a baby boy

Post by Guest »

I can understand your urge to have a baby boy. But there is no such prayer or ardas for having a boy in any case. There is no such provision in Gurbani as it treats both girl and boy the same. Guru Nanak says "so kyn manda aakhiye jit jame rajan" how can u treat women as inferior who have given birth to Rajas.
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Post by Singh2000 »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

First accept God’s will Boy or Girl. Second for great child, start reading 1 page of SGGS daily with understanding and analyze your life for betterment. Also do simran and nitnem. When we read gurbani it generates vibrations, which gives strong support to child’s mind and healthy development.

Thanks!
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

You are a girl. boy: there will be no girls born if there is some magic path to have boys. if there are no girls then there will be no boy also. so b e kind on your soul accept what happens but do one thing the child hears and concentrates well in the womb. so do path whatever you like by speaking so that the child can hear and absorb. thanks
just_sikh
Active Forum User

Post by just_sikh »

I remember long time back, there was Kirtan for pregnant daughter in law and the mother (in law) told Bhai Sahib to sing this shabad so that it will be boy. Bhai Sahib did not comment but sang this shabad and even indirectly mentioned these Gurus words are effective and works.

ਪੂਤਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੀ ਆਸੀਸ ॥ O Son, this is thy mother's blessing.

Later on every body got hold of Bhai Sahib and told him this shabad was taken out contest and he said some time they have
to do this to please the host.

Just wanted share this incident. It was boy and it was bragged for some time that it happened because of shabad. May Waheguru bless them.
See the brotherhood of all mankind as the highest order of Yogis; conquer your own mind, and conquer the world.
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

my mother used to give this sabad to the laidies who had trouble to deliver a child. the people used to bring a thaali she would read the sabad and pray on the thali. i do not know if it worked or not. i was too you to measure that 65 to 70 years back
Dr.Kaur
Active Forum User

Post by Dr.Kaur »

Singh2000 ji, thanks a lot for the suggestions :)
Dr.Kaur
Active Forum User

Post by Dr.Kaur »

Just-Sikh ji, I have been doing that :) thanks a lot for the input. I also think that it goes both for son or daughter , it's a mothers wish for a gursikh baby.
Dr.Kaur
Active Forum User

Post by Dr.Kaur »

swarn bains wrote:my mother used to give this sabad to the laidies who had trouble to deliver a child. the people used to bring a thaali she would read the sabad and pray on the thali. i do not know if it worked or not. i was too you to measure that 65 to 70 years back
Which shabad was that swarn ji?
swarn bains
Power User

Post by swarn bains »

it is the same sabad which is written earlier

ਪੂਤਾ ਮਾਤਾ ਕੀ ਆਸੀਸ, ਕਬਹੁ ਵਿਸਰੈ ਤੁਮ ਕੇ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਸਦਾ ਭਜਹੁ ਜਗਦੀਸ. I do not remember the rest. I do not have sggs also. so please find out from scholars on this site