Mangalik - Believe it or not?

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
sah3b
New User

Mangalik - Believe it or not?

Post by sah3b »

Waheguru Ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

As everyone has read my old post of how much i love and fall for my Girlfriend( whom i think is my wife) and same thing from her side too, there is new issue which i think sooner or later will be step up and will be a hurdle in our lives. Since her elder sis is now about to get married , her parents are looking for a perfect match. Her elder sis is Mangalik and they are looking for a mangalik guy to make a perfect match and hoping for a positive life if they will find a mangalik.
My girlfriend is not baptized (I am) and we both don't believe in mangalik issues and stuff but since i check on net regarding this , i found that i am not mangalik but she is a strong mangal dosha and she is now a little bit nervous because of this info.
As we all know, anyone will get a little tensed as there are many issues and misunderstanding were going in between both of us but in the end we both are very happy and really very very happy together and cannot see our future without the support of each other. I want to ask please let me know should we believe in these things? i know Sache patshah always kept us away from these things but is there anything in SGGS which clearly tells about not to believe in this?
Also, she is nervous and i am too because there are people in her family relations who were mangalik , married to non-mangalik and now are not well or got separated after marriage.
NOTE TO MY GF: If you are trying to look it on net too then this is a small note to you and to all those boys and girls from my side (What my opinion says)- Just believe in that akaal purakh and don't think about all these things as i think they taught us not to believe in these things and i clearly think that it cannot decide the future. I am posting thing only because to clear my thinking and most importantly clear your thinking.
No matter what will be the Answer, It will be better for both of us.

Bhul Chuk Maaf,
Waheguru ji ka khalsa
waheguru ji ki fateh.
swarn bains
Power User

Re: Mangalik - Believe it or not?

Post by swarn bains »

guru Nanak started sikh religion to get out of these silly omens. there is a lot against these issues. in thity war by kabir sahib and guru arjun dev and baba nanak as well. these are scare crows created by pandits to make their free living. please get out of it and do the necessary thing to get married.
sah3b
New User

Post by sah3b »

Thanks a lot sir for clearing my thinking and i really appreciate your advice that one should not go against love and not to believe and leave people on the bases of planets and stars.
gillrmn
New User

Post by gillrmn »

These are superstitions and almost all the life of our gurus was spent in fighting many of these superstitions.
It can be argued that sikhi started with janeo khandan.

But how do these superstitions originate?
Its just because we are weak human beings and life is very stressful. Under pressure when facing successive failures or under intense pressure, we may need some strong belief to cling on to. Facing hardships of life, many people try superstitions out in a weak moment and being able to safely come out of the hardship, they start believing in the superstition strongly.
So we should not hate people who start to believe in superstition, but encourage them to come out of it. This can only be achieved if we help each other intensively in times of need(nishkam seva) which will decrease pressure on indiviuals.
But with competition increasing, and indifference increasing(a feature of urban life), superstitions will only become more prevalent with time unless seva bhaav in people increases.
Singh2000
Active Forum User

Post by Singh2000 »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa Waheguru ji ki fateh

Sah3b ji, There is nothing in these superstitious thinking. Just accept Waheguru's will although good or bad. Leave everything on Waheguru. He will take care for you guys.

On the other hand, if you follow fear or superstitious guidance, then it will become your guru and make your life miserable.

Better option enjoy your life with Guru's grace. Do nitnem, give time to understand SGGS, accept his will. Remember Waheguru always do good for us in all situations.

Thanks
Superstar
Active Forum User

Post by Superstar »

God is the most powerful as per Sikh teachings so nothing else to worry about. Live life of Gurmukh and manglik, etc. don't need to be worried about. Keep mind clear and on the right path. Things sort out over time if hardships come.