Need help for my sister

Discussion of life's dilemmas, blessings and challenges. Got Questions? Need Answers? This is the place to be. Feel comfortable with asking any question. Anonymous posting is allowed. Questions are answered by anyone in the sangat who feels they can help.
Hargeet Kaur
New User

Need help for my sister

Post by Hargeet Kaur »

Sat shri akal............

I have elder sister and she is not married because she dnt met any suitable guy (according to her) and very spiritual doing path early in the morning everyday (panj baniya). Sukhmani sahib, and recently she sampan Dasam granth. but she has a problem she don't talk with anyone, always angery and even she dnt talk with us younger sisters and always blame us. she has no friend just sitting in the room everyday. some times getting angry on parents and always said you dnt like me. she lives in Australia with my younger sister she is very caring and provide everything to her.
I dnt knw the problem and she always blame to us about her life. even she get support from our parents and from us to finish her bechlors in Australia not pay anything to my sister and get fully support in her exams and even to pay her fee.

My question is how a person who breath in gurbani can behave like this. so many times we told her gurbani dnt teach this to us.

I desprtely need help for her other wise in western country her future is not good.

Please help us, how we tell her to be happy

Re: Need help for my sister

Post by Guest »

I don't know your sister, so I won't comment on her. I will just comment on experience I had with some people known to me. There is a huge difference between reading gurbani and understanding it. Following gurbani is also a totally different thing. I have experienced that people who do a lot of paath regularly just for the sake of it, without understanding and without trying to follow it, are usually filled with pride (again, I am not talking about your sister). So, we should not judge anybody with how much paath one does.
It is also my experience that people who really understand and try to implement gurbani in their life are always at peace, with a firm belief on the "Hukam" that everything is under "His" control. They are always in the state of "tera bhaana meetha laagay" that everything that "He" does is the best thing for us, even though initially it may seem otherwise.
So, what one should really do, in order to be at peace within, is really try to understand and then try to follow gurbani. But, it is easier said than done.
singhbj
Power User

Post by singhbj »

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I think the problem is Unfulfilled Desires.

Will suggest some links that might help.

http://www.tapoban.org/webforum/read.php?1,4552

http://www.livinglifefully.com/unfulfilleddreams.htm

If she is looking for a match tell her to try

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/fo ... rimonials/

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh
Nihal Singh Kanakpuria
Power User

Post by Nihal Singh Kanakpuria »

Hargeet Kaur wrote:Sat shri akal............

I have elder sister and she is not married because she dnt met any suitable guy (according to her) and very spiritual doing path early in the morning everyday (panj baniya). Sukhmani sahib, and recently she sampan Dasam granth. but she has a problem she don't talk with anyone, always angery and even she dnt talk with us younger sisters and always blame us. she has no friend just sitting in the room everyday. some times getting angry on parents and always said you dnt like me. she lives in Australia with my younger sister she is very caring and provide everything to her.
I dnt knw the problem and she always blame to us about her life. even she get support from our parents and from us to finish her bechlors in Australia not pay anything to my sister and get fully support in her exams and even to pay her fee.

My question is how a person who breath in gurbani can behave like this. so many times we told her gurbani dnt teach this to us.

I desprtely need help for her other wise in western country her future is not good.

SSA,

There is a difference in process and destination, We often confuse the process with destination and then come up with all forms of judgement or opinions about the process or the person following the process.

Reading, understanding Bani is the process which takes us to the destination of being a more peaceful, spiritual person, some of us have more baggage , so we need to read a lot more often and just read a lot more to understand the concept.

Coming back to specifically your case, what exactly are you annoyed at ? do you think since she reads bani means she should be self sacrificing and shouldn't consider her own needs and desires ?.

Not being extrovert isn't a problem its a personality type, some like to talk alot and some like to talk little , maybe you can do something which is in your control, try and understand why your sister is behaving the way she is behaving and then help her get rid of whatever is causing that undesirable behavior.

-Nihal
Hargeet Kaur
New User

Post by Hargeet Kaur »

Sat Sri Akal to everyone

Thanks for your suggestions.

Your suggestions helps a lot to find out the real cause.

Regards,
Hargeet
pawandeep_sk
New User

Post by pawandeep_sk »

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

'Krodh' is one of the evils surrounding us among 4 other, as described by Guru sahib. by practicing Gurbani, i think she will come out soon from her problem.
on the topic of 'not talking to anyone' i think you can initiate the talk with her by simply asking some questions about sikh history, gurbani vichaar etc, & later on carry the conversation to any other level where ever you want to. as she is a practitioner in gurbani she must be having better knowledge about bani than other. with these one side initiated talks you can help her to get to know about the real problem of anger but never ask straight way about her anger, she may not reply correctly.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa Waheguru ji ki Fateh
--
Regards
PawandeeP Singh
sikh1984
New User

Post by sikh1984 »

SSA ji
She read Dasam Granth Whole!!!. I know some will find it offensive but Dasam Granth is not the solution.
She should instead read Guru Granth Sahib ji and practice the teachings in it. Also, she needs to make few good friends.
Romesh Kumar
Power User

Post by Romesh Kumar »

sikh1984 wrote:SSA ji
She read Dasam Granth Whole!!!. I know some will find it offensive but Dasam Granth is not the solution.
She should instead read Guru Granth Sahib ji and practice the teachings in it. Also, she needs to make few good friends.
Religious teachings or scriptures of all religions are 'a compass' 'not a control'. Scriptures of all or same religions are not better or worse than each other.
Compass can only show seeker the direction/location etc. To follow or not to follow is not controlled by compass but by control system (manual steering and associated devices).
Another device of karma(deed/action/follow up) can be installed to compass to make it to automatically steer the vehicle to right or required direction. This device of karma is made by understanding the essence of teachings of scriptures. Reading or reciting alone will not help.
Thanks.